THIRTY SEVEN

t h i r t y s e v e n
" are you sure we're in the right place ? "
-

t h i r t y  s e v e n" are you sure we're in the right place ? "-

-

Simon pulled into the parking garage and grimaced. This was an expensive building with too much glass and posh cars parked beneath its sky-high reach.

"Did we make a wrong turn?" Simon questioned, turning around a corner only to see more shining cars, almost blinding. Suddenly he was conscious of every scrape and dent on his own car and found an inadequate sense of being.

"No," Cal replied from shotgun, "just pull in wherever, I guess. It's up to you."

"Okay," Simon said, unsure, but followed his instructions. He supposed that, if they got in trouble, it would be the three of them, not just him.

The car swung around into a parking space. Cal let out a noise of approval and swung the door open, hoping out before Simon had even turned off the engine.

"Nice parking, Minter," He commented, swinging his gym bag over his shoulder and slamming the door shut. "Joshua Bradley, hurry up and get your ass off tinder and out of the car before Simon locks you in."

Josh grumbled a few words under his breath but got out, closing the door and falling into place as they followed Cal to the elevator.

"Are you sure we're in the right place?" Josh asked as they entered the elevator and watched Cal press a button for the top floor. "Because this place is fancy and you're not."

"At least you're honest," Cal said and shrugged his shoulders, a smile worming onto his face, "but, yes, we'e in the right place."

"You seriously live here?" Simon asked as the elevator doors open to reveal a penthouse bigger than his own apartment at least three times over. Cal stepped out first, dropped his bag onto the nearest sofa and careened around to the kitchen, yanking open the fridge. "This place is incredible."

"Mad," Josh muttered as they both stare at the pristine furnished home, complete with sofas which looked like they could swallow you whole, a huge flat-screen TV, marble topped kitchen and smoothed wooden floors.

"I don't bring anyone here often," Cal said, bringing over a beer for each of them. "Consider yourselves lucky." There was no boast.

"I didn't know you were rich," Simon replied, taking the beer without thought, too caught up in the surprise. "Why the fuck are you working an office job if you're a millionaire?"

"You don't become a millionaire from nothing," Cal told him as he flopped himself down on the sofa, rocking his head back against the sofa cushion. "I own the company."

"You're our boss?"

"Why is that so hard to believe?" He takes a long swig of the ice cold beer he thought he deserved after one long hard training session: the most he'd sweated outside of bed in years.