THIRTY ONE

t h i r t y o n e
" he's definitely going to want
to rip that straight off you "
-

t h i r t y   o n e" he's definitely going to want to rip that straight off you "-

-

Adela had asked Lewis if he wanted to stay, but he'd declined, whilst apologising, and told her that he had something to figure out at the company, but he'd be happy to take her out for dinner that evening. Of course, adding that she didn't have to if she was busy.

Adela wasn't busy.

After agreeing and saying goodbye to him, she'd spent a solid hour on the phone with Alice, giving her every detail, getting her ear blown off by delighted screams.

"I can't believe you didn't have sex with him right there and then," Alice said, exasperated.

"On the breakfast bar?" Adela asked through her laugher.

"Yes, on the breakfast bar. That would've been hot," She said, clearly fantasising about doing such a thing with her own boyfriend. No doubt they'd already done it. Adela couldn't deny that she would've let him do that with her, but she pushed that feeling down.

It was too soon for her to commit to someone like that. To display her vulnerabilities to him. Even if he would accept every single one of her flaws and imperfections, she wasn't ready to have sex with him just yet.

"Right," Adela replied, swallowing, before asking, "So, what should I wear?"

"Something that's going to make him want to fuck you on the breakfast bar," Alice quipped, clearly proud of herself.

"Shut up," Adela grumbled. "Seriously, help me. This is our first proper date and I want it to be perfect."

Alice hummed. "Well, if you're going out for dinner, maybe go classy. Got any floor length dresses?"

"Only one."

"Okay, great! Try it on. I'll face time you in like... five minutes to see what it looks like." With that she hung up.

It took Adela a little while to drag the dress from the wardrobe, careful not to get it tangled with other clothes. She thought it best to put it on before she held it up against her body in the mirror, deciding actually seeing it on her body would leave less room to change her mind or hate it.

It slipped right on. The navy material slick against her skin, the neckline plunging and the slit at her leg exposing more skin than she thought appropriate for Winter. The darker colour made her pale skin stark, but she quite liked that, somehow.

Her phone began to ring and she quickly propped it up, answering it for Alice to see the dress.

Her rosy-cheeked face popped up and immediately her mouth moulded into a wide, toothy grin.

"He's definitely going to want to rip that straight off you," Alice commented, resting her chin on her hand.

"That's not... I don't want him just to want sex with me. I want him to think I look beautiful," She said, cringing at herself, but needing to say it to push Alice away from the sexual comments.