TWENTY FIVE

t w e n t y f i v e
" make simon minter regret
what he did to you "
-

t w e n t y   f i v e" make simon minter regret what he did to you "-

-

"I still can't believe that fucking asshole invited you to their Christmas Party!" Alice exclaimed, her voice not at all muffled by the cup of tea over lips. "Bet his new girlfriend is a twat. Catherine? Even her name is bloody posh."

"You're complaining more than me and I'm his ex," Adela said with a laugh. "I don't even know whether to go or not."

"Okay, here's how it's gonna go." Alice put down the mug, her face turning serious as she prepared to tell Adela of her game plan. She knit her hands together. "You're going to that party and you're going to turn up looking better than ever to show him exactly what he's missing. Look, I'll even come with you for support."

"I don't know, Al, it seems a bit... well, not like me at all," She admit. "A good plan, but not good for someone like me."

"Then take Lewis. You don't need to turn up half naked to get his attention; Simon won't miss you turning up with some hottie on your arm."

"First of all, me and Lewis are just friends. Second of all, no."

"Fine," Alice grumbled as she took a sip of her tea.

"I want you to come with me," Adela said with a whine in her voice. She didn't want to be alone in tackling this. If she was going to go, she needed Alice with her to protect her from getting overwhelmed by the sight of Simon and his new girlfriend: the replacement.

"The twenty second. It's a Friday night so I know you're not busy," Adela joked, pointing a finger at her.

"Right, I'm sure I can make it," Alice said, putting the mug down. "But you're going to wear that red dress I bought you last year that you've never worn. The velvet one."

"As long as you promise not to leave me in the same room as Catherine alone," She bargained with one dark eyebrow raised.

"You have yourself a deal," Alice grinned, extending her hand over the table. Adela took it, shaking it with a matching grin on her face. "Now let's go dig out that dress, I wanna see it on you before I decide that it's the one to make Simon Minter regret what he did to you."

"Alice..."

"No, come on." She shoved her chair back and made for the bedroom.

Adela trailed behind her, tea in her hands. She leant against the doorway, her baggy old jumper almost the same colour as the wood and her hair half up half down. She watched as Alice yanked the wardrobe open and immediately dragged the dress out.

She thrust it to Adela. "Try it on," She demanded.

Adela put her mug down on the bedside table. "Fine, but I don't even know if it'll fit. I've never tried it on before."