TWELVE

t w e l v e
" does that make me a bad person? "
-

t w e l v e" does that make me a bad person? "-

-

It was at the point Cora offered him a shot that he knew he wasn't turning back. As he knocked it back, he felt it rush down his neck and even the thought invigorated him. It topped all the other drinks off.

Cora knew what she was doing. It wasn't the first time she'd dealt with a guy straight out of a relationship. Simon was no different to the others who wanted to be over it but really weren't. The night was only ever going to end in two ways, which she knew from experience. The guy would either end up regretting it and go back to his girlfriend, realising that was what he wanted, or he would realise that whatever that relationship was isn't what he wants anymore.

Cal was long gone. About an hour ago he'd patted Simon on the back and told him to 'show her what he's made of', in reference to Cora, who'd raised an eyebrow at the comment. Then he'd walked out of the bar with the blonde girl on his arm and a grin on his face.

Now, Simon had a drink in his hand as he danced with Cora. He wasn't ever much of a dancer, but Cora managed to get him to drink enough to the point where he just didn't care, especially not as she danced against him.

"You're not so bad," She said, placing a hand against his chest.

"Thanks?"

She laughed and her hand slid onto his shoulder, honey eyes meeting his. "I expected you to be a lot more... sad," She explained further. "But you're really going for it tonight."

"Does that make me a bad person?" He asked, mixed with slurred speech.

"I don't think so," Cora replied, her finger tracing across the base of his neck. It send tingles shooting up his back. He watched her molten eyes flicker between his own and his mouth.

She smiled warmly for a moment as if giving him the chance to pull away.

He didn't.

So neither did she. Committed, she leant her lips up to his and laced her fingers thought the back of his hair, knowing her work was done as soon as he began to kiss back. He was good too, even in his state.

It wasn't an unusual sight for people to see Cora kissing someone, but, as they broke apart, Cora came eye to eye with the man from Newcastle. She smiled sweetly and said, "Sorry, babe."

Simon looked between them; between the man's confused, hurt face and Cora's unremorseful expression.

"Whatever," Will muttered, turning away and storming back though the crowd.

Cora shook her head with a laugh as he left, facing Simon again and kissing him before any questions could be asked. Questions always ruined things.