14. The Moment

If you enjoy reading my story, and would like a sequel, please show some love by voting, and leave some comments telling me your thoughts about the story so far!

I dry myself off with my back to Harry, being mindful to keep mostly covered with the towel. I hear him getting out of the water and I wrap my towel around myself quite tightly, and sit down on the same deck chair Harry was sitting on earlier.

Shirtless Harry is more than I can take right now. He walks over to me as water drips tantalisingly off of his body and he ruffles his hair with his hands to get it sitting right. He sits on the end of the chair I'm sitting on and I focus on the beads of water that are running slowly down his body.

"Can I borrow that?" he asks, referring to my towel, his hand outstretched for me to pass it to him.

I am filled with panic of being so exposed, but unwillingly hand it over. I quickly reposition myself so that I am holding my knees, and am partially covered in a self conscious type position. He haphazardly runs the towel over himself and then hands it back to me once he's partially dry.

I can't help but blush at the intimate thought of Harry drying his body with a towel that had been used on my own.

I place the towel over me, as I lay back further into the chair. With a mischievous gleam in his eyes he rips the towel off me, and runs towards the waters edge, dangling it over the water.

"Harry! Don't you dare," I warn him. He raises his eyebrows in a coaxing manner, almost daring me to come after him. I get up from the chair, and am standing only feet away from him. I take a step closer to him, eyeing the towel. He preempts what I'm about to do and takes a step back, his feet now touching the water's edge. I know how these scenes usually play out, and I'm not about to be taken down with him. I need to play it smart.

I reach out and he holds his arm out even further. I catch him off guard by grabbing his arm, instantly regret my move because as he does so, he fumbles and steadies himself by grabbing both my arms. The next few moments pass by in slow motion and he falls back into the pool, bringing me with him. We crash into the water and I am disorientated in a swirl of bubbles. I turn myself the right way up and as I swim towards the surface.

I breathe in air, open my eyes and I have two green eyes staring back at mine. I take a step backwards and I can feel myself backing into the wall of the pool. I feel slightly trapped, but in a good kind of way. My heart is pounding beneath my chest and I am almost certain he hears it too. He edges closer to me, not taking his eyes off me as he nears.

I am not scared as he effortlessly picks me up by the backs off my thighs and I comply and wrap my legs around his torso. My breathing increases and I am feelings things I have never felt before. My hands grip onto his broad shoulders while his hands are resting on the most upper part of my thighs.

I can no longer deny my feelings. I no longer worry about how this will pan out and instead, continue looking into his searching eyes. He licks a bead of water off his plump lips and something stirs inside of me. Kiss me already!

The moment is indescribable and I nod ever so slightly at him, willing him to kiss me. He pulls me closer into him and takes a step forward whilst carrying me, my back now completely against the wall.

This is happening. It is actually happening.

"Ava dear?" my mother calls out.

No. No, no. Not now Mum. No.

I now have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach as all my hope of kissing those cherry lips have flown out the window. I'm sure I look visibly disappointed, but I no longer care so much. I haven't moved out of our embrace, and luckily she can't see us due to the positioning of our pool in our backyard. I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder in defeat.