75. Ava Rose

I cannot express to you how much it means for you to please vote for my story. It takes less than a second, and it really helps my book to get recognised for the hundreds of hours I've put into writing it. Thank you for absolutely everything 

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan
Instagram: gemma.allan 

"So do you think he'll show up, or?" Casey asks, having been filled in on our night out.

"I really don't know," I say, as I iron over a dress with the clothing steamer. "He said something about checking his schedule, and I haven't heard from him yet, so don't know."

The thought that he could possibly show though, has given me the permanent feeling of butterflies and I've been a bundle of nerves.

I hear the door of the store open, bringing in Brodie with our lunch.

"If that's sushi, then I think I'm going to have to marry you," I tell her.

"Look, I'm not really ready for that level of commitment, but we'll see how the night goes," she jokingly winks. "What did I miss?"

"Oh, I was just filling Casey in on what happened after you girls ditched me at The Underground," I explain.

Scarlett rolls her eyes dramatically. "How many times do we have to tell you that we saw Harry, and tried to find you before you found him," she clarifies.

"I know, I know," I say, "I was joking, but I'm kind of glad I saw him. It felt very... right."

It really did feel nice to see him. If there was ever a time that I could accidentally run into him, that was it, as it felt like we were both emotionally ready. I don't think I could have handled myself in such a way if it had been any sooner, and now I can't seem to get the encounter out of my head. I felt I needed it in some way, though now it has kind of resurfaced a lot of feelings I have been working so hard and so long at ignoring.

"What would you do if he showed up with someone else?" Casey asks as tries on a pair of sunglasses in the mirror.

"Die," I laugh, "I doubt he would though," I say shaking my head. "I don't think he would intentionally set out and hurt me like that."

You never know.

"How good does the sign look though?" Scarlett interjects, changing the topic of conversation.

"Amazing," they chime, and I'm left to worry internally about all the possible disasters that could occur.

                       -        -        -

"Can you please stop fidgeting?" Scarlett says, tapping my knee that is tapping up and down at an incredibly fast rate due to my nerves.

"You look amazing, and I promise you, everything will be fine," she says, which helps a little, but I feel a strong urge to change again, despite already changing my dress six times already. In the end, I settled on a backless floor length black lace dress, with sheer lace sleeves. My hair is tied in a low bun, which is pinned back loosely.

"I just have this feeling that no one is going to show... or that the reviews are going to be shit," I state. 

And then there's Harry.

Still no word from him on whether or not he's going to show up, so there's always that pit of stress in my stomach. I've been checking my phone religiously, and my phone battery is unfortunately taking the hit for my paranoid behaviour. I kind of wish I never invited him because I wouldn't have to worry if he's coming or not.