96. Old Faces

I cannot express to you how much it means for you to please vote for my story. It takes less than a second, and it really helps my book to get recognised for the hundreds of hours I've put into writing it. Thank you for absolutely everything 

Please vote - if I receive enough votes, I will update the first chapter of Ebony & Ivory tonight. Just saying. 

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan
Instagram: gemma.allan

"So where abouts are you going?" Marnie asks, sitting on the edge of my bed as I apply my mascara.

"That, I'm not exactly too sure of," I tell her, scratching a dot of mascara that has somehow found it's way onto the top of my eyelid. "But we plan on getting really drunk, so don't ask where we've been when I see you tomorrow because I'm not confident that I'll remember."

"I'll keep that in mind," she laughs. "By the way... is everything okay with you?"

I look over to her, concerned by her tone.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. You just seem a little... off. Like you seem like a completely different person and this is all just out of nowhere. Did something happen?"

I contemplate telling her. I really do. But there is no arrangement of words on this planet that I could say that would make her believe me. I'm not even sure if I would believe it myself if they were told to me, and I would rather not have her thinking I was going mental.

"I'm fine," I shrug, applying a shade of orangey red lipstick carefully. "I'm just not getting much sleep," I lie, smacking my lips together.

"Well, alright..." she replies, unconvinced. "At least you look really nice though. I love your dress."

I look down at myself in the cream dress adorned with brightly coloured birds.

"Thanks, but I better get a move on – Scarlett is going to be here any minute," I tell her, finding my Mimco pouch to keep my phone, money and lipstick in. The taxi driver downstairs beeps the car horn with Scarlett in it, and I rush downstairs to leave.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Marnie calls out.

"That doesn't leave me with much that I can't do then!" I jokingly shout back, and think I hear the word 'bitch' before the door is closed.

"Hurry, hurry! This cab is costing us a fortune!" Scarlett calls out from the open window as I try my best to walk in heels on the small stones.

"So where are we headed?" I ask, getting into the taxi.

"I'm thinking Trak nightclub. There's been talk that Niall and Harry would be going there, and I think it's our best shot."

"But if everyone knows then obviously they're not going to be there," I remind her.

"You really underestimate me, don't you," she smirks. "Niall's cousin knows the owner or something. It's a big night, so there's a really good chance."

I can't pretend that I'm not anxious... my hands fidget in my lap and Scarlett has to grab them multiple times to stop me from stressing.

"Can you please stop stressing, this is going to be a good night whether we see them or not."

I mumble an "mhmm" in response, but I've got so much riding on this night that we have to see them. This has to be the night. It's practically my only ever real shot with seeing him. After tonight, I can pretty much rule out the possibility of ever having a relationship with him again. I need to find him, and make him fall in love with me. Like he did the first time.