7| HOSTILE BEHAVIOUR

It was around half seven when Jacob knocked on the door. Anya opened the door and ushered him in, asking if he wanted any breakfast. Callas was on one of the sofas with Zeus lying next to her as she waited for Reed. She looked up at him with a confused look, but a smile on her face nonetheless. She didn't expect him to show up at the house. At first, she didn't even know how he knew where it was, but he was the one who fixed the locks after all. Maybe she would ask him about the one in her room at some point.

     Silas walked in from the kitchen, a cup of coffee in his hand. "Oh! Hello, Jacob." Silas smiled as he greeted Jacob with a firm handshake. "What brings you over here?" Silas set the cup on the table by his recliner sofa.

     "Just came by to see if Cal wanted a lift to school today." Jacob smiled at him before looking at Callas.

     "I'll go ask Reed if he's cool with it." Callas left her bag on the sofa, turning to walk up the stairs before Reed bumped into her on the second step.

     "Cool with what?" Reed asked, he always had impeccable timing recently. "Oh, hey." He looked at Jacob weirdly. "Who's—?" Reed asked Callas quietly.

     "This is Jacob Black, Billy's kid," she told him. Reed nodded and walked over, offering his hand to shake.

     "Sup," Reed greeted.

     "Hey." Jacob shook his hand.

     "What am I cool with?" Reed turned back to Callas once he dropped Jacob's hand.

     "With me dropping her off at school," Jacob spoke, beating Callas to it, catching Reed's attention once more.

     "Oh, yeah sure, if she doesn't mind." Reed was fixing the shirt collar as he turned to look at Callas.

     "I'm fine with it." She shrugged, being apathetic to the situation.

     "Alright, I'll see you when I get back then. Love you, Cal," Reed mumbled quickly as he kissed her forehead, making his way back up the stairs to finish getting ready.

     "Love you too," she called out to him.

     "See you when you get back home, Pumpkin." Silas sat down, with the newspaper in his hand. Zeus got up to lay by his feet.

     "Have a good day." Anya kissed the side of her head as Jacob walked out.

     She picked up her bag and followed Jacob out of the house, waving goodbye to Silas and Anya. Jacob handed her a helmet. She raised an eyebrow before noticing his motorbike, she nodded in realisation and took the helmet, putting it on. Jacob chuckled and fixed it, making sure it was on right before he sat down first, putting his own on. Once Callas got on behind him, he took her hands, wrapping them around his waist before he kicked off. Her arms tightened around him, not wanting to fall off as he sped down the road of houses and out onto the highway towards the school.

     Callas could tell that it was getting closer and closer to winter. The weather was gloomier and the rain never seemed to stop. The temperature was always cold recently and the fact that her window opened all the time didn't really help her much. Even though Callas did like winter, and the holiday off school that came with it, she wasn't a fan of being frozen to the bones every day. She was sure that it was going to snow this year and heavily, although nothing could really compare to Utah out of all the places that she had lived.

     From what she could see out of the helmet, the leaves on the trees were already a dark red colour, something that Callas loved about autumn. Soon, all that would be left would be the skeleton of the tree. The trunk and bare branches would be naked of leaves. Small nests would be left behind and soon covered in a smooth blanket of snow. She hoped that no one at school would involve her in a snowball fight. If that ever happened she would kill someone, she hated snowball fights, the snow would just melt and leave her soaked in ice cold water.