8| RUN BOY RUN

After having lunch with the boys, Callas went looking for Henry. She did tell him at lunch to meet her at the table with the others, but he never showed up. Maybe they weren't friends at all, maybe that's why he told her to stay away from them. He didn't want to be left alone. She did feel bad about that, she could have gone to find him. But she was so caught up in the moment with the boys. Jacob stated that she needed to have their numbers, just so they could keep in touch. So, now she had five extra numbers in her phone.

     Jared mentioned something about maybe meeting up with the others, although Callas didn't really know how many more people she could meet. He said that there were two siblings, Leah and Seth who she'd have to meet at some point, but Seth wasn't well and neither was Leah, so she'd have to wait. There was also Sam, who was a couple of years older than the group, and his fiancée Emily—who's cooking was to die for. Quote by Jared himself. Callas was nervous to meet them, though. Paul mumbled how she'd be lucky to get out alive after meeting Leah, something about her being rude and unfriendly. But if she learned anything about others opinions, it was that they weren't to be trusted, just like Henry's opinion on them, she wasn't going to do the same to someone she hadn't met before.

     Callas was in her second to last lesson, Biology. She still needed to get Henry's number, which she was a bit surprised about, she had spent more time with him than anyone else and yet they never swapped numbers. Maybe he didn't have a phone. But surely, he had to, she could have sworn she saw him on it in the morning at the front office. Unless her mind was playing tricks on her like they were in that morning when she saw the strange movement out by the trees. The lesson was almost over, although Callas wasn't sure of how much she could take.

     Finally, the bell rang, Callas silently cheered as she packed up her bag, picking up her kit as she left the room. She bumped into Henry. He gave her a smile, which she returned. He asked if she had done the experiment in Chemistry, and they began to talk about it. Apparently, Henry added too much yeast and water and it wouldn't stop overflowing, although he found it extremely funny when his partner kept panicking, trying to scoop the foam up in his hands.

     "What did your teacher say?" Callas tried holding in her laugh.

     "Nothing, she just tried to calm the kid down while the foam just kept going." He shook his head. "You ready for P.E.?"

     "I guess." She shrugged. "Can't really prepare for it, can you?"

     "You can cry. Or skip."

     "Skipping isn't preparation, Hen." She rolled her eyes.

     "It is for your next lesson of P.E." Henry grinned as he showed her to the girl's locker room. "I'll meet you outside, I left my kit in my locker." He began to jog back down the halls as Callas walked into the locker room.

     It was slightly cold outside, but luckily Callas was prepared. All those days running in Utah paid off. With her sweatpants and long-sleeved running top, she stood outside in the huddle while the Coach looked down at his clipboard, yelling out names. Callas noticed Jared and Quil off to the side talking to each other, she would have gone over to them but she wanted to stay with Henry. The Coach paused, making Callas look over to him. He was squinting at the paper on the clipboard.

     "C-Callas? Callas Quinn? Who in the hell is Callas Quinn?" The Coach looked up rather annoyed.

     "I am, Sir." Callas lifted her hand up, the Coach looked over.

     "Have you been skipping out on my lessons?"

     "No, Sir." She shook her head. "I actually enjoy P.E. So, I wouldn't be one to skip it. I'm new, that's why you've never seen me before," she explained.