Prologue: the Youth

(Y/n) (L/n) and Joey Drew were dear friends and colleagues.
Despite the fact that (y/n) was around 7 years younger than Joey, they both didn't grow up nor study together - however, their life, memories and thoughts were very much alike.

Since they were little kids they dreamt of an endless world of imaginations and dreams to come true. In common to Joey and (Y/n) - they always owned one of the brightest and the freshest imagination and creativity in their young heads. therefore, trying to bring their ideas and talents to life , they spent most of their time drawing and sketching as any other young kid would do at their age.
Both of them doodled and drew everywhere they could : on sketchesbooks, on newspapers , on walls while no one is watching , or at school tables (before the teachers could notice and scold them)

(Y/n) and Joey both got fond of drawing so much, that it became one of their greatest talents and hobbies at their teenage and young adult life.
unfortunately for them, back in the 1960s-1970s when they spend their young-adulthood - it wasn't as easy to persuade and develop that sort of Dream. Thus Studying in several art-schools and reaching for animations/art diplomas - they had to afford for University.

In one Hand, (y/n)'s parents didn't appreciate artistic skills as a serious job ,they believed that this sort of talent won't afford anyone financially in the future. But on the other Hand, (y/n)'s parents understood how much their daughter dreamt of going into artistic universities to share her ideas with the world. Nevertheless, by saving money , they sent their beloved daughter to accomplish her dreams.

Meanwhile in early 1980, when (Y/n) started to Study in University for Animations - Joey Drew already received his Art Diploma, and proceeded to open his own animation studio - Joey Drew Studio. He began collecting some of young artists, colleagues and friends to join him to work together and bring animations to life.

Searching artists to hire and trust wasn't easy. Owning a small budget - Joey managed to buy an animation studio nonetheless. It was small, and still empty - but for an animation studio with 2 floors - it was a dream come true, in Joey's young eyes.
At the end, Joey hired several artist, including Henry , whom was one of his well-trusted friends and colleagues at that time.

All things considered, Joey and his new crew began to start creating and animating characters for their first future-to-be pilot episode. More or less, everyone was excited and proceeded into creating prototypes characters for Joey to evaluate and decide.

For the time being, Drew was proud of his group, until a certain point - he started to feel doubtful towards his colleagues.
Joey noticed how most of the ideas and sketches he received from his colleagues were ... roughly saying ...

tasteless.

None of the sketches , doodles and prototypes felt - new. None of them looked lively or creative in Joey's eyes. Several of them looked too stereotypically , some were uncomfortably old or similar to other old characters. And heck, Some looked as if copyrighted from Disney.

Joey clenched all these papers in one hand as he started to strike out all those hideous characters. They won't get anywhere if they won't start soon enough in their work. He felt as if everyone else in the studio were bunch of tasteless or uncreative marionettes, whom only desire for money and don't recognize art anymore.

It continued on like this for a while, until Joey decided to manage a meeting to his crew about the importance of responsibility and bringing passion into work in order to proceed. He felt like a nanny with 5 year olds, rather than a boss with hardworking and trustworthy employees.
Sighing in frustration, Joey left his plans for the meeting until next day, as he just wanted to go home and relax from this circus around him.

- - -

For the next morning, before Joey desired to collect his employees for his speech - a young gorgeous women entered the animation studio. The women was wearing a tall silky black dress, with white collar holding the contrast. Her swiftly (hair-color) hair lock gently bounced when she entered the Studio in search of the main manager - Joey Drew.

It was (y/n) holding her folders with her portfolio and certificates, in hopes of finding a job here as a Cartoonist.

For the most part, the crew was busy working, in fear of Angering Joey. When Joey noticed the young (hair-colored) women, he immediately turned to approached her.

"Excuse me sir, may I know where can I find Joey Drew?"

"Why, ma'm, you're looking at him right now. How May I help you ?"

With a soft smile, (y/n) quickly introduced herself, explaining that she was in search for a job as an animator, and she heard of this fresh new-opened studio that still required for employment. Hearing the fellow polite words, Joey's mood rapidly changed into more soften and relaxed sensation. He greeted (y/n) warmly as he invited her over his office to interview her and check her portfolio.
With a slight nervousness, (y/n) rosy sharp cheeks warmed up, as she hoped she won't mess up today during the interview.

After a solid 45 minutes of talking and asking (y/n) hundreds of questions, Joey reopened her portfolio to look at again. Joey had to admit, she was the First Lady - no, the First artist he ever seen to have such a dazzling and colorful ideas. Her portfolio contained of different sketches, Line art , and original painting- all in different styles and angles. (Y/n) told him a lot about her intentions and opinions on art , she spoke to him with confidence and passion. Joey couldn't resist than agreeing with her and automatically getting to like her.

The way she described and explained everything brought back colors beyond his imagination in Joey's mind - (Y/n)'s Undoubtedly and smooth voice suited her sweet, kind and professional characteristics to her looks. Joey glared at her wonderful portfolio one last time as he turned his head back to (y/n).

Silence filled the office.

"Miss (Y/n)(L/n) - I proudly congratulated you. You are hired."

As Joey stood from his chair to approach (y/n)'s sitting form - his eyes shone with delight when he saw (y/n) mouth slightly open in shock and happiness. (Y/n) immediately stood up and shook his hand as she thanked him quickly with unbelievable excitement on her face. Joey continued to tell her how her work is just undeniably professional , and that he is more than just impressed to hire someone as Her. In conclusion, after explaining how she'll work here and will get paid from now on - he decided to let her start working from tomorrow morning.

"Goodbye, Miss (L/n), we'll be waiting for you tomorrow, your work will play a huge role here!"

"Yes, Mr Drew , Thank you again - have a good day!"

As Joey proudly waved goodbye to his new employee, a wide genuine smile got plastered on his face. He finally felt as if a professional will work here, and bring great work and help to everyone.

It seems, all Dreams come true.

For ladies and gentlemen , this was Joey's beginning.
But thus, we shall begin Your Story.

Dear reader, Thank you for reading the beginning. I warn you, this is not your old silly x Reader where Bendy falls in love in a split of a second. No my pal, this is a long-paced story.

Check my other work : Come for Thee, my Muse [Bendy x Animator!Reader x various human characters]

https://www.wattpad.com/story/148708721-come-for-thee-my-muse-bendy-x-animator-reader-x