The Joy of Creation

*picture rightfully belongs to : Atrox-C

https://atrox-c.deviantart.com/art/FA-Bendy-and-the-Ink-Machine-665021178 )

"So I believe that the character could use a little of minimalism... actually, quite a lot.

No complex attire as overalls , pants , or whatsoever - the boots, gloves and a bow tie are more than just enough... in fact the bow tie should just accomplish his personality. Oh, and a cute round face - a snout or a nose makes him look just weird ..."

(Y/n) continued to pace in circles, pointing on a paper every once in awhile while describing her intentions on the sketch. Joey Drew, now (Y/n)'s boss, was sitting next to her drawing station while glancing and shuffling through her first work.

On the paper was an illustration of a cartoonish character drawn with a simple 4B pencils. The Toon looked small, yet oddly simple and minimalistic. 'He' had an oval body with slender arms and legs. 'He' wore white gloves and simple black boots that made his palms and feet look slightly bigger. His head was round and ended with two small sharp horns at the top of the head.

Joey had to admit as much he looked simple, he truly liked the character by the looks 'he' owned. This... creature, on the drawing sincerely gave a aura of an childish, innocent yet mischievous handsome fella. And for a bonus, this smiling buddy seemed easy to draw and animate - which will give everyone an advantage to save time and energy.

Joey felt himself smiling as it seems he finally found the perfect character to take the role of a 'protagonist' in the show.

"Miss (L/n), when did you come up with this idea? It looks like you drew it quite easily in few minutes without any problems!"

With an impressed hint at his voice, Joey Drew turned back to look at (Y/n), without realizing he interrupted her introduction of the character.

"Well, to be honest sir, I kind of had this character for a while in my head ... He's an old doodle of mine, but I never had a chance to come up and properly 'create' him."

Joey looked at (Y/n) with a hanging jaw. As he understood that it was probably her very own original character.

"What exactly ... is he ... ? He's certainly not a cat, but that tail and those ... horns?''

Joey asked with a chuckle as he grabbed the sketch again, interested to know what personality this character may have.

"Well... yes, that's the thing - He's Bendy. Bendy the dancing demon... silly name, I know, it's just something I came up with when I was younger , I can come up with something el-"

"No, It's perfect Miss (L/n)! It's exactly what I've been looking for! Bendy ... Bendy the Dancing Demon ... it has a ring to it ! At least better than : Bendy the Friendly Cat? Or Bendy the funny dog... ugh those sounds horrible ..."

"But, Mr Drew , won't the media somehow decline of an idea of ... a Demon for kids cartoons? Problems may occur with that point?"

Joey's smile turned into a slight annoyed frown, as he remembered that they all should deal with media's corresponds , term of use and laws if they want to make it to the Television.

"Oh, don't worry, Miss (Y/n). Our character is Family Friendly - how can you say that this face right over here is evil ? Besides if the MPPC will even try to hunt our butts or sue us, I'll make everything to spit on them and leave us alone."

(Y/n)'s eyes widen in surprise when Joey used such term for a sentence to accuse the Media straightforward while talking to her. Well, maybe her boss was more on going and easy to get along with?

"Heh... okie ?"

(Y/n) couldn't come up with any better response about that matter, so she just came out with an awkward chuckle. The young women flinched when she saw her Boss quickly standing up with her papers, sketches and arts of Bendy.

"Miss (L/n) you continue to surprise me. We finally found our main mascot - Bendy the Dancing Demon! Your character will become our main lead and we will show him to the whole world. Let's go, (L/n) - we have a lot of work coming up ahead with the rest of the crew. Beside, I'm pretty sure you already have his main set of personality and characteristics, right?"

"Y-Yes, sir ! I do have... !"

(Y/n) felt nervous and shocked - in her opinion everything was happening too fast. The Animation crew congratulated her, while the rest of the shift - (Y/n) explained the motives of her character and personality, while the rest decided on who and what will work with in the future.

"Good job today, (Y/n), See ya tomorrow."
"Thank you, Goodbye , have a nice day!"

It was the end of the shift , (Y/n) was getting her bag prepared to head back home - she couldn't wait to call her parents to tell them about her first progress at work so far. While she was almost ready, a man - a little bit older than her approached her.

"Miss (L/n)? I really wanted to say Thank you for helping us all, your Bendy will be the best thing to come alive in history!"

"Oh, Thank you, I really appreciate it Mr ... ???"

"Ah, my apologies, My name is Henry - my pleasure to meet you (Y/n)."

Realizing the young man, Henry, quickly shifted to using first names with (Y/n) she gladly shook hands with him.

"Nice meeting you too, Henry!"

"Finally, now that Joey is satisfied with the mascot, we can all gladly proceed to work, oh and add more secondary characters as we discussed. It took us some time to calm Joey down whenever he gets grumpy over other's characters."

(Y/n) responded rather with a small giggle. Henry seemed honest with his works and ideas as well, she felt happy to work with such a wonderful community of artists. As (Y/n) and Henry gladly chitchated a little, both of them left the studio and went home their separate ways.
Tomorrow everyone will have to work hard.

Tomorrow is another day.

_______

Check my other work : Come for Thee, my Muse [Bendy x Animator!Reader x various human characters]

https://www.wattpad.com/story/148708721-come-for-thee-my-muse-bendy-x-animator-reader-x