Dear Henry,

Chapter based on 'Batim : ch 1' Prepare your butts for the next chapter. Comment what you think.

As the car engine sung to the lone country roads, Henry relished the roaring winds that twirled in his short dull hair and whistled in his ears. The distressed middle aged man's grip tightened on the leathered driving wheel. His fingers were cold and shaky. Every now and then, His tired eyes glance at the road, and back to the Inky letter on the front seat beside him.

"Dear Henry," - so was written ;

"It seems like a lifetime since we worked on cartoons together. 30 years really slips away, doesn't it? If you're back in town , come visit the old workshop. There's something I need to show you."

And the worst part that turned the old animator's blood cold, was the last sentence that was written in a so familiar Inky handwriting - "Your best pal, Joey Drew" - with the iconic main logo of Bendy's Head and a Capital B in it.

Driving by the old parking lot,This place seems so foreign now. The narrow streets were empty, while the animation studio was left trembling. Last time he saw this working place, it was filled with police cars and yellow barricades. The gentle scent of the fresh air and roses kindled memories of summers gone outside of the animation studio door. Sammy Lawrence would usually stand by and smoke his cigarettes during the break, or Henry and (Y/n) would just stand by and enjoy the fresh summer air.

Henry slowly turned off his car, still hesitant to get out.

The Man looked around, those flowers flourished and bloomed everywhere around the parking lot and the main entrance. In fact, they looked so well tied and cut, almost as if someone took care of them all those 30 years...

"Huh...These flowers were clearly taken care of, despite them being abandon... though I must confess, they look very lovely."

The door screeched wide open.

They say that the strongest link to sparking a memory is through one of the six senses - not sight, taste or touch, not even sound, but smell.

The main entrance, the lobby of the first floor that was once full of the most talented and hardworking employees, was now just an empty dusty hall that held an ominous atmosphere along the old rusty gears. The smell of the room awakened memories long forgotten, echos of those long ago vintage paper jarred Henry's mind. Suddenly being forced to swim once more in the tide waters of the past, he slowly walked down the wooden corridor with attitude of a soldier returning to the battlefield.

"I'm back, Joey, let's see what you wanted to show me."

At this point, poor Henry completely forgot that he used to work under certain animations and characters 30 years ago - his mind swirled like a hurricane, in one moment he felt adrenaline rush - he was ready to burst in this old workshop to finally meet his old friends physically. But on the other hand, Henry felt like calling the police and just quiver in fear. It's impossible, he accepted the fact that all those people he knew there were , lightly saying, "mysteriously disappeared" or presumably - dead.

Henry's head couldn't comprehend any other memories, just faces of his colleagues.

The young, passionate and creative expression of those people he used to work and spend time with : Joey Drew, Sammy Lawrence, Susie Campbell, Norman Polk, Grant Cohen , Shawn Flynn , Thomas Connor and....

(Y/n)(L/n) - thought Henry.

Of course, if Joey Drew wrote the letter - it means they're alive. Everyone.

A spark of hope flashed inside the heart of the Adult Man. Perhaps now, all those people who used to work here have aged well and changed completely.