Dancing with the Devil Swing

Old Art made and rightfully belongs to me - S-a.

"Ugh, look, Joey doesn't care about us."

The air was very clear and the long morning shadows distinct - making a grey, slow morning. The soft colors of the sun filtered through the clouds, signalling the end of the rain. Around 7 people were present in the main lobby of the animation studio. Some were standing, some were sitting in the wooden squeaky chairs, some were leaning on the wooden cold walls. But despite their position of comfort - they all were present in for a one reason. The air was stiff and heavy - For several minutes they all were anticipating in a dreadful silence.

"That's a shame, he called me 'Alice' the last time we had a meeting..."

"Ew."

(Y/n) along with other employees such as Henry, Sammy Lawrence , Susie Campbell and others - were dealing with the suspicion of their Manager, Joey Drew. The Manager won't let anyone close to him , to his office, or to the Ink Machine room - and it was well known for everyone. Nor (y/n) or Henry or Sammy wanted to even call his name ever again, but unfortunately - the matters have to be done.

"Maybe if we asked him together he-"

"Ask? Henry, we've been asking him for months now, but he ignores us like we're nothing! First he tells us that our orchestra is dull, then keeps mocking us while we work down there in the Music Department! He's the reason why the media thinks we joined a satanic cult!"

"Please, Sammy, not the media.."

The frustrated handsome man - Lawrence, continued about the negative falls this studio has fell into, which didn't cheer up anyone. After a small tantrum, and repetitive calming and hushing from each other - the sore, downcast silence got back, but alas - the exhausted and depressed workers have had more than enough.

"I reckon we all had a hard week... So please, have some patience. I think it's better if we finish early and just go home."

No one responded, as (y/n) received a dead and downhearted silences in response. However, the young lady didn't need an answer as she knew that they all agreed with her. With slow and hesitant movements, some of the employees started to get ready and leave back home. Until all went out, signing in disappointment, the 26 year old (hair-color) was left alone with an older man - Henry.

"Are you sure you don't need anything? Any help , or...?"

Henry approached his dear friend, eyes filled with a worried expression, he put his hand softly on (y/n) shoulder.

"Yes, I'm alright. Thank you Henry, you've been working nonstop - you've done more than anyone could ask. So please, go home and relax."

The male Animator looked unsure and hesitant at first, until he released his grip from the woman's shoulder.

"Alright, I understand. Don't overwork yourself - if there's anything, call me as usual."

Nodding in reassurance, the two exchanged smiles and goodbyes. The studio was locked with silence. (Y/n) stood alone in the lobby. The young women couldn't hear a sound except for her heavy breathing of her chest slowly rising up and down. Closing her (eye-color) in wonder, the female stood for what seems an eternity - but The complex train of thought and the dead silence were stopped by (Y/n) strong and smooth voice calling out :

"Come out Bendy, I know you've been watching me all day."

No response was heard, just as the female Animator didn't move and kept her position the same. The silence caressed her skin like a cool summer breeze, smoothing her soul, taking away her jagged edges. It had been one hell of a day.