Ch. 2

( Your POV )

( Author's note: This chapter may seem irrelevant to the Dan x Reader but this is just building the plot and stuff. )

I shook my head and laughed as I left the apartment. I couldn't stop thinking about what (y/bf/n) said about what I should send to Dan. This was my chance to contact the one person who I felt like I connected with on a personal level. There was something about Dan. I just wish I knew him.

"(Y/n)", I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Jack. He leaned in gave me a soft and passionate kiss. I smiled and kissed him back.

"Hi", I said as I reached for his hand but I couldn't find it. When I saw him again, he was holding my door open.

"Shall we, my love?" I smiled. I loved it when he would call me cute stuff like that. He helped me into his car and then got in. I leaned over to turn on the radio at the same time Jack did. I looked up at him and smiled. I forgot all the reasons that made us feel distant. I fell in love again.

"Where are we going to eat?" He looked at me and smiled.

"You'll see soon." He laughed and turned up the volume. My favorite song was playing and I got really happy. "You gonna sing?"

"Huh?"

"Are you gonna sing? You always used to sing for me." He looked at me and grabbed my hand. I looked down at his fingers intertwined with mine. Slowly my eyes met his and he smiled. "Well?"

"I don't know."

"Why?" His eyes drifted back to the road but not for a second did his hand leave mine.

"I don't know." All of the sudden I heard his awful singing fill the car.

"C'mon, sing with me." I couldn't resit the urge and soon there were two awful voices filling the car. When the song ended we laughed and I didn't even noticed we had arrived. He helped me out of the car and we made our way inside.

The restaurant was so beautiful. When we first walked in, I started in awe until something nudged me.

"C'mon." I followed Jack to the podium, still starting in awe. "Reservation for 2."

"Last name", the kind lady asked.

"Sans", Jack spoke. He reached his hand back and grabbed mine.

"Follow me", the lady spoke. She had an English accent like she was from London. We followed her to our table and Jack had pulled my chair out. "My name is Abigail. I'll be your waitress tonight. I'll be back to take your orders."

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom." Jack nodded and I stood up and walked away. I was nervous. I hadn't been out in 3 months. When I got into the bathroom, I fixed my hair. I looked at myself and knew I was in love. After a second, my phone went off.

*One new text*

(Y/bf/n) ~ "Hey, how's it going?"

You ~ "Actually pretty good."

(Y/bf/n) ~ "That's good. When will you be home?"

You ~ "Idk. Probably like 10ish"

(Y/bf/n) ~ "alrighty. Lemme know how things go. See you later <3"

You ~ "I will. See you <3"

Quickly, I threw my phone into my clutch and headed back out into the dining hall. When I spotted my table, I was horrified at what I saw.