Ch. 29

( Your POV )

I woke up and immediately got butterflies. Today was the day. Today was the day I was finally being reunited with Dan. I rolled over and picked up my phone.

*1 New Text*

(Y/bf/n) ~ "Heyyyyyyyyyyy are you excited for today"

(Y/n) ~ "I'm shaking. I'm scared but excited."

(Y/bf/n) ~ "You'll be fine. Breathe. I love you"

(Y/n) ~ "I love you too."

I took a deep breath as I hit send. I then sat up and yawned. Rubbing my eyes, I saw my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were all puffy and red.

"Shit", I said. "I can't look like I've been crying when I see him." I quickly got up and washed my face. When I looked up at the mirror after drying my face, I tilted my face. "Better but not good enough." I walked over to the other side of the bedroom and looked out the window. We had a poolside room so I could see the pool glistening in the sunlight and children splashing each other. "Maybe a swim would make me feel better." I walked over to my suitcase and dug around for a swimsuit.

The first swimsuit I found was a red bikini that I used to adore. I used to look so good in it. I still loved it but I didn't feel like wearing a bikini. I wanted to cover as much skin as possible. I continued to dig around until I found a new black one piece swimsuit. It still had the tag on it and it had a sticky note on it.

"Thought you'd like this ~ Abigail <3"

I smiled. I stood up and got a better look at it. It had cute cuts in the sides and cute pattern made from the two strings leading to tie it in the back. It looked cute but the question was would it look cute on me. I quickly but gently changed and looked at myself in the mirror. It looked cute on me though I realized you could still see some marks. I shook my head trying to clear the thought of it. I grabbed a towel and headed out to the pool.

( Dan's POV )

"Dan, wake up, we've gotta go", a familiar voice said gently shaking me.

"Huh", I said as I rubbed my eyes. I saw the voice was Phil

"Remember? You're going on a trip", Phil said.

"Oh yeah", I said.

"Well come on, it's time." Phil sounded like he was excited. Almost too excited for getting rid of his best friend for 4 days.

"Why are you excited", I asked. He looked at me. He was silent for a moment, then spoke.

"I'm just excited for you to go to the hotel. I'm not excited to get rid of you. You're my best friend, Dan. I love you, as a friend of course. I just know that this will help you feel better", he said sitting down on the side of the bed.

"How do you know this will make me feel better?"

"Just trust me." I nodded.

"Also, I love you too Phil. As a friend of course." We both laughed.

"Well come on. Lets get going." I grabbed my bag and fixed my hair before heading down to the car. After getting into the car, I fell back asleep.

( Your POV )

I set my towel down on a chair and walked into the pool. The cool water felt good on my bruises and skin. I went under the water came back up quickly. I ran my hands over my face and over my hair pushing it back. I then went onto my back and began to float in the pool. I looked up at the sky and thought.

I kept thinking back to all the times I've spent with Dan. I thought back to the first day we met and how awkward we were. I remember his brown eyes never looking away from me. I remember going out with him 3 weeks later and how I could just be myself around him. I didn't have to put on an act like I used to do on dates. I could just be me.

I felt a tear start flowing down my face  so I quickly dunked myself.

"No tears", I whispered. I took a deep breath and swam for a little before getting out of the pool.

( Dan's POV )

When I woke up, I gently rubbed my eyes to see Phil, Abigail and (y/bf/n) looking at me.

"Good afternoon", (y/bf/n) said.

"Why aren't we moving anymore?"

"We're here", Phil said.

"Come on, we'll help you take your stuff inside", Abigail said. We all got out of the car and I grabbed my bag. We then headed inside.

"Woah", I said. "This place is nice." I thought for a second then looked down.

"Yeah it is", Phil said before looking over to me. "You alright Dan?"

( Your bf's POV )

Abigail and I got the extra key to their room and walked over to Dan and Phil.

"We've-", I started.

"You alright Dan", Phil asked.

"I just wish I could spend these 4 days with (y/n)." As Dan said that, I saw (y/n) walking down the hall.

"Well Dan, look over there."

( Your POV )

I put the towel over my shoulders and headed into the lobby to buy a snack from the front desk. I was looking down at the ground just thinking about everything. When I looked up, I stopped in my tracks.

( Dan's POV )

"I just wish I could spend these 4 days with (y/n)."

"Well Dan, look over there." I looked up and saw her.

*Sorry for the short chapter and not updating frequently. More chapters coming out soon. Also, we're almost at 1,000 reads. Thank you guys so much <3*