Ch. 20

( Your POV )

After 20 minutes of waiting at the park, Kyle finally shows up.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I got caught up in some things."

"Tha-", I was immediately cut off with Kyle's lips on mine. I gently pushed him back.

"What was that for?" He seemed a little upset.

"A little soon for that, don't you think?" He tried to be subtle about it but I saw him roll his eyes. "Anyways, where are we going for lunch?"

"You'll see." He grabbed my hand and led me to his car.

( Abigail's POV )

"I'm really glad you came with us, Dan." There was silence. "I already told my mum that you were coming with us and that you were having a tough time. She said you could stay in my old bedroom while Phil and I help her out today."

"Thanks", Dan mumbled.

Phil and I started talking about what we were going to help my mum with when Phil looked at the back seat and saw Dan asleep.

"Everything okay, Phil?"

"Yeah, I just wish there was something I could do. I hate to see my best friend like this. The last time I can recall him like this was when his grandmother died." Phil turned back around and looked at me. I leaned in and kissed him since we were at a red light.

"I love you, Phil." He smiled.

"I love you too."

( Your bf's POV )

I couldn't focus. I've been sitting at my desk for 3 hours and I haven't gotten anything done. I'm so worried about (y/n) and Dan.

"(Y/bf/n)?" I looked up and saw my boss.

"Yes, Mrs. Wright?"

"Is everything okay? You've been staring at your screen for 3 hours but haven't done anything."

"Just some things going on."

"Here, I'll give you the next 3 days off. It should give you some time to clear your mind."

"Thank you, Mrs. Wright." She smiled and I headed to Abigail's mum's house.

( Your POV )

When we arrived at Olive Garden, we were quickly seated. We talked about his friends and their girlfriend's and how we were gonna go out with them again tonight. I was excited to hang out with the girls again. They were really nice and funny.

"So, after we hang out with everyone tonight, do you want to come over and spend the night?"

"I don't know about spending the night but I'll come over for a little." He nodded and we continued eating.

Through out the meal, I kept thinking about Dan. I started to miss him. I know he chose Vanessa but he still meant a lot to me. I missed talking to him. I tried to channel these thoughts out right now though. I was out with Kyle so I should be thinking about him, right?

Yes, Kyle is handsome, nice and funny, but I don't know if I could ever see myself with him. Maybe him and I could be friends. I decided to clear my head.

( Dan's POV )

I woke up from my nap and looked at my phone. The time read 3:30 pm. I got and stretched a little and saw a note.

"Dan,

If you're reading this, Abigail and I have gone to help her mum. We'll be back at 6:00. See you soon.

-Phil" Suddenly, the door opened.

"Oh, hey Dan", (y/bf/n) said. "I thought you were back at the apartment."

"Phil made me come. Shouldn't you be at work?"

"I was distracted so my boss gave me the next 3 days off to clear my head. I told Abigail I was coming down here."

"Oh. Hey, do you think I could use your car and drive back to the apartment? You can come back with Abigail and Phil."

"Yeah", she said as she handed me the keys. "Just be careful."

"I will." I hugged her and left.

( Your POV )

4 hours later

The time was 7:30 and Kyle and I had just arrived at the bar and met up with everyone. Just like last time, we talked for a while altogether and than we split up.

"Are you and Kyle official yet", Jessica asked.

"No. I don't know if I want to date him. Yeah, he's nice and all but-"

"But what", Kasidy asked.

"But-"

"Are you seeing someone else", Sara added

"No but I'm in love with someone else. I just see Kyle as a friend." Jessica, Sara and Kasidy looked confused.

"Guys, she doesn't have to date him. Tell us more about this guy you're in love with", Lily said. I smiled.

"His name is Dan. He's from London but he's currently staying with me for the next 2ish months. He came out here with his best friend who is dating my friend Abigail who had to be out here for family reasons. I started to like him a couple months ago but when he came out here, I fell in love with him. He's sweet, funny, kind and handsome. Since he's been out here, we've hung out a lot and I've just fallen more and more in love with him until his ex-girlfriend showed up. She took him from me. He for some reason chose her over me and so now we haven't been talking. I miss him. I miss talking and hanging out with him." Lily ran and hugged me.

"Aw, (y/n), I'm sorry. He'll realize what he's missing out on." I smiled. "Here, let's all exchange numbers."

( Dan's POV )

I got home and took a nap. When I woke up, it was 8:30 and no one was home. I decided to watch tv.

While I was watching tv, all I could think about was (y/n). I was too late. She's found someone else. I stood up and knocked the chair at the table down.

"FUCK", I screamed. I slouched down against the wall and started crying. "I can't believe I lost her. Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I threw my head in my hands and cried.

( Your POV )

I glanced down at my phone and it was 9:00. When I looked up, Kyle was there.

"Come on, let's go back to my place." He smirked.

"Okay but I can't stay too long, I have to get home soon. I have to go to college tomorrow."

"You're a college girl, huh?" I nodded. He grabbed my wrist really tightly and lead me to his car.

"Ouch, loosen your grip." It only got tighter until we got to his car. I looked down at my wrist and it was all red.

When we arrived at his apartment, he led me inside. I looked around. It was a nice place. Suddenly, Kyle grabbed my shoulder and pushed me against the wall. He than pressed his lips on mine. I tried to push him off but instead he held my arms against the wall in a way where I couldn't do anything.