Ch. 18

( Your bf's POV  )

5 Days Later

It's been 5 days since Dan chose Vanessa over (y/n). It's been 5 days since (y/n) has left her room. Abigail and I have been bringing her food and water so she doesn't have to leave her room. She doesn't want anyone besides Abigail and I to see her like this. She hasn't stopped crying and Dan's videos can't help her this time.

( Dan's POV )

It's been 5 days and I still haven't texted Vanessa. I've been too busy thinking about how badly I fucked up with (y/n). I haven't seen her since she that day and it hurt me to see her like that. I just wanted to hug her and tell her that everything would be okay.

I finally decided to text Vanessa and give her that second chance.

Dan ~ "Hey... it's me, Dan."

Vanessa ~ "Ahhhh, I see you finally realized she's shit ;)"

Dan ~ "She's not shit but I realized that I'm still in love with you."

Vanessa ~ "Told you. I knew you weren't in love with her."

Dan ~ "Look, do you want to go out tonight?"

Vanessa ~ "Of course. Pick me up at 6."

( Abigail's POV )

"Come on, (y/n), you need to get out of this house."

"I don't want to. I'm happy right here." I pulled her arm.

"I don't care. You're going for a walk ten minutes after Dan leaves tonight. I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Please don't make me." She tried to loosen my grip but instead I pulled her up.

"You're going on a walk in 30 minutes. You can go by yourself but you're getting your ass out of this house. You need to get some fresh air. This is for the best." She finally agreed and hugged me.

( Your POV )

30 minutes later, I head out on my walk that Abigail is forcing me to take. It was nice to be outside and feel the cool air on my face. The sound of cars driving by was somewhat peaceful. It was nice to be outside.

After a while, I found myself at a park. It wasn't just any park, it was the park I grew up with. I sat down on the bench my parents sat on while my siblings and I played on the playground. It brought back all these old memories.

I remember the day when (y/bf/n) and I came here and I broke my leg. (Y/bf/n) was showing off by doing the monkey bars because little 8 year old me still couldn't do them. I finally was done with her showing off so I started doing them but missed a bar and well straight onto the ground. We laughed so hard that the pain went away but later we found it was broken.

Though I remembered a lot of good memories from here, I remembered the bad ones too. I remembered how every night when my parents fought, I'd get some things and grab my siblings and we'd come here. My siblings and I would play around for a couple hours until we felt that it was safe enough to go home. Some nights, we would stay the night at the park because we were too scared to go home.

I remember the night when my parents sat my siblings and I down and told us they were getting a divorce. We knew it was coming so we weren't too upset but than my dad told us he was leaving. His exact words were,"One other thing you should know, I'm leaving. Your mother will have full custody of you guys. I don't want to see you guys ever again." Those words echoed through my ears as I ran out of my house in tears. I ran to the park and stayed there for 3 days. When I returned home, my father was gone and my mother was drunk.

So many memories came back to me that I started crying in the middle of the park. I put my face down so no one would see me.

( Dan's POV )

*Knock knock*

I stood at Vanessa's door, waiting for her to come out.

"Hey Dan." I looked up and there was Vanessa. I gave her a small smile and we headed out.

I wasn't really listening to what she was talking about. She was going off about these guys and how her friends sucked. It reminded me of what it was like when we were together. She always would go off about guys that were dicks to her and how her friends were sluts. I still can't believe I dealt with that for 5 months. Then again, why am I here?

( Your POV )

*Tap Tap*

I looked up and there was a handsome stranger.

"Hey, are you okay?" I quickly wiped my tears.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Just some old memories that I remember when I come here." He sat down next to me.

"Oh yeah. Happens to all of us but you were crying." He looked at me concerned.

"Yeah just some bad memories here and some things going on."

"Would you like to walk around and talk about them?"

"Uh n-", I was cut off.

"Come on. It'll be nice." He had a smile that seemed friendly.

"You know, I should probably be getting home." I stood up to leave but he grabbed my arm.

"Just one time around." His constant begging finally led me into agreeing.

"So, what's your name?" I at least needed to know his name if I was gonna walk with him.

"Kyle, you?"

"(Y/n)."

We continued to walk around the park a few times talking about our memories here when I got a text from (y/bf/n).

(Y/bf/n) ~ "Hey, it's almost 7:30... are you ok?"

(Y/n) ~ "Yes, I'm fine. I'm down at our old park. I met a guy and we're just talking."

(Y/bf/n) ~ "ok... just keep me updated."

(Y/n) ~ "i will, love ya."

(Y/bf/n) ~ "love ya too."

"Do you want to go get some drinks?" I looked at him concerned.

"Like, at a bar?"

"No, at the McDonald's." We laughed. "Yes, a bar. Come on, just one drink."

"Alright. What's one drink gonna do?"

( Dan's POV )

I looked down at my phone and the time read 7:30. I was bored out of my mind and all I could think about was (y/n). Vanessa was still going off about these stupid guys.

"Hey, Vanessa, I'm gonna go." She looked confused and horrified.

"What? We've barely had a date."

"All you're doing is going off about the guys you cheated on me with and how your friends are sluts when I think you're the slut. This whole thing made me realize that I'm actually in love with (y/n) and it made me remember why I left your dumb ass in the first place. Goodbye, Vanessa." She watched me walk away. I hurried home as fast as I could. I needed to see (y/n).