Ch. 19

( Your POV )

When Kyle and I arrived at the bar, he grabbed my arm and pulled me over to this group of guys who seemed to each have a girl on their arm.

"Yo Kyle, who's this", one of the guys asked.

"This is (y/n). Met her down at the park a while ago. She seemed chill enough to come tonight." The four guys nodded while the four girls looked at me. "(Y/n), this is Justin, Mason, Andy and Marc." I nodded and waved to them as they all nodded at me. "And these are their girls Kasidy, Lily, Sara and Jessica." They all smiled and said hi.

After some small talk, Kyle walked away with the guys and I was left with the girls.

"So, you're Kyle's new girl", Kasidy asked.

"I just met him a couple hours ago. I barely know the guy. But I will say, he's cute." The girls nodded and we continued to talk. I remembered that (y/bf/n) wanted me to check in. I pulled out my phone and the time read 9:00.

(Y/n) ~ "Hey just checking in."

As I sent the text, Kyle walked over to me.

"Wanna come over after wards. It'd be easier instead of taking you home."

"Sorry but I have to go home soon. My best friend is worried about me but we can go out tomorrow." He smiled and gave me his number.

*Beep beep*

(Y/bf/n) ~ "When are you going to be home? It's getting late and Abigail said she sent you out on a walk. She didn't mean 3 hours." I sent her a text saying I was on my way home and left.

( Dan's POV )

At 9:00, I burst into the apartment and everyone turned and looked at me.

"Hey D-", I cut Phil off before he could ask about the "date" with Vanessa.

"Where is (y/n)?" Their faces all looked confused.

"I thought you went out with Vanessa", Phil asked.

"I did but then I realized that I'm in love with (y/n) and I made a mistake. I need to see her. Where is she?"

*Beep beep*

We all looked at (y/bf/n) as she checked her phone.

"Abigail sent her on a walk and she met some guy and she's hanging out with him. She just texted me and said she's on her way home."

"Dan, can we go for a short walk? I want to talk to you", Phil said. I nodded and we left.

"What's up, Phil?"

"What happened tonight that made you realize that you love (y/n)?"

"Well, I started liking her when I started to get to know her better but when I met her, I fell for her. She's just such an amazing person. I don't know how Vanessa's words got to me but they did. I shouldn't have let them. For these past few days, all I've been able to think about was how I fucked up with (y/n). I wanted to fix things but I didn't know how. I thought maybe going out with Vanessa would help clear my mind but it made me realize why I left her and how much I really do love (y/n). I rushed back as fast as I could to see her. I need to see her, Phil." Phil stopped in his tracks and looked at me and smiled.

"I knew you'd come around. Let's head back."

When I was about to open the door, I stopped to hear what was going on.

( Your POV )

"Where have you been, (y/n), we've been worried about you", Abigail said as she hugged me.

"Guys, I'm fine. I met a nice guy and we went to a bar. I met his friends and his friend's girlfriends. They're all nice."

"What's this guy's name", (y/bf/n) asked.

"His name is Kyle. Speaking of which, I have a date with him tomorrow."

( Dan's POV )

I felt my heart break as I slouched down against the wall. I looked up at Phil as a tear fell down my face.

"I'm too late, Phil." I put my head in my hands as Phil bent down and hugged me.

Phil and I sat out in the hallway for an hour as I told him how stupid I was.

"I'm so fucking stupid. I shouldn't have let Vanessa's words get to me. I know how (y/n) felt when I chose Vanessa now. Fuck."

"You're not stupid, Dan. Everything will be okay."

( Your POV )

The next day, I got up early. I was excited to go out with Kyle. He was really nice yesterday.

*Beep beep*

Kyle ~ "Excited for tonight?"

(Y/n) ~ "Yup. You?"

Kyle ~ "Yup. Can't wait to see you, beautiful ;)" I smiled and set my phone down on my bed as my door was opened.

"I still can't believe you're going out with a guy you just met", Abigail said as she entered my room with (y/bf/n) behind her.

"Yeah, I don't think this is a good idea."

"Will you two relax? I'll be fine." They rolled their eyes as they set down a donut.

"Phil and I went and got donuts this morning", Abigail said. "If you want another one, they're on the counter." I nodded and they left.

( Your bf's POV )

As the door shut, I sat down next to Dan.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" He wouldn't even look at me. I hugged him and left for work.

( Abigail's POV )

"Hey, Dan, Phil and I are going to my mum's house. Do you want to come?" There was no answer. I walked over to him and hugged him. "I'll be outside when you're ready, Phil."

( Phil's POV )

"Dan?" There was no answer. "Dan, please talk to me."

"What's there to talk about?"

"Just please come with us."

"Why?"

"You need some fresh air." He groaned but agreed to coming with Abigail and I.

( Your POV )

After everyone had left, I finished getting ready and headed out. Kyle had told me to meet him at the park. I had started to wonder if I should've listened to Abigail and (y/bf/n). I know they were trying to look out for me but Kyle and I were just going to be hanging out.