Ch. 6

( Phil's POV )

I was sitting in the living room when I heard the door start being unlocked.

"Dan", I said quietly. I got up and ran into Dan's room.

"Phil", he shouted. "Phil, I know you're hiding. I need you to help me get the fanmail out of the car!" There was silence. "There was some for you!" I bolted out of his room and slid into the kitchen.

"Hi Daniel."

"Don't call me Daniel." He paused. "Anyways, there's a couple boxes of letters left in the car and I need you to go get them."

*Slam*

I bolted downstairs and headed to his car. I opened the trunk and saw 5 boxes filled with letters and small packages. I began grabbing stuff until something tapped my shoulder.

"Hi Phil!" I turned to see who it was.

"Abigail!" I set the boxes down a hugged her. "How was America?"

"I'll tell you all about it upstairs." She looked down into the trunk. "Dan?" I nodded. "Here, let me help you." She picked up 2 of the boxes and I picked up the other 3. We walked back to the apartment.

*Slam*

"Finally", Dan sighed. "Set the boxes in my room. Oh. Hey Abigail."

"Hi Dan", she smiled and followed me to Dan's room. "Where should I set these?" I set the 3 boxes I was carrying and took hers. My hands brushed hers and she looked up at me and blushed a little. I set her boxes down and led her back to the living room.

"So tell me about America." As she began talking, Dan left the room.

( Dan's POV )

I would've stayed to hear about Abigail's trip to America but I wanted to open some fanmail and film this video. I walked into my room and picked up a couple packages and some letters. I set up the camera and began recording.

After I finished filming, I set the stuff I had opened to the side and grabbed my laptop. I scrolled through Tumblr and checked Instagram and Facebook before I began editing the video. I was editing for a while before I realized that it was 11:00 PM. I shut my laptop and set it down. I changed and grabbed a box of letters off the floor before laying down again. I decided I would read a couple letters before I fell asleep. The letters were nice. They made me smile. They all said pretty much the same thing but I couldn't stop reading one.

"Dear Daniel,

My name is (y/f/n). I'm 24 years old and I live in California with my best friend, (y/bf/n), who's practically my sister. I know you probably get a lot of letters like this but (y/bf/n) told me to speak from my heart so here it goes.

In 2009, I was 16, and my parents had gotten in a horrible fight. This fight lasted for a month and resulted in them getting a divorce. My mother was still madly in love with my father we they ended things. She became really depressed after the divorce and started drinking and doing drugs. She was a danger to my siblings and I. I had to pack our things and I brought my siblings with me to live with (y/bf/n). It was supposed to be temporary but when the authorities found out about my mother, I began to live with her permanently. Of course, there wasn't enough room in their home for all of us so they had to split us up. My siblings went with close family members. I became extremely depressed. I had lost my parents, my siblings, I was alone. I started to shut myself off from the world. I began to hurt myself and the only people I would talk to was (y/bf/n)'s family and her. I could tell it hurt them to see me this way but I couldn't help it. After about 4 months, I found you and Phil and stopped hurting myself. I started to be myself again.

After finding you guys and getting to know you guys through your channels, I felt connection between you guys. I felt like Phil was my best friend. I felt like if I really knew him we could talk for hours. I felt like he'd be someone I could open up too and have a great time with but with you it was different. I felt like we connected on a personal level. I know all your fans are probably in love with you but they're all teenagers. It must be weird to have a lot of teenagers crushing on you. Anyways, I could always picture us going out on dates and being everyone's relationship goals. I know it'll never happen but it's always nice to picture things. You probably won't even read this, at least not for awhile.

I'd like to thank you for saving my life and making myself again. (Y/bf/n) would also like to thank you for the same reasons. Also, thank you for taking the time to read this, if you ever do.

Sincerely,

(y/f/n)"

"(Y/f/n)", I said to myself and then fell asleep.