Chapter 4

Hyungwon heard the knocking from afar, somewhere else, not in this world, somewhere else. He was somewhere else, he was in his own world, his own mind.

The sound could not reach him although he clearly heard it.
His empty, big eyes just stared into the door, how could something like this happen?

He emotionlessly glanced back into the kitchen again, not sure of what to think, if this was reality or not. The blood was all over the kitchen floor, fresh and warm, smoorched out over the whole, lifeless body.

There he lied, Hyungwon's father, dead, murdered in the most terrible way.
He had been stabbed at least 8 times and hit in the head, causing his crainium to be cracked.

His face was barely a face, the nose was broken and the lips ripped up. The sight was traumatizing, exactly what Hyungwon was.
Traumasized.

The crime scene did not look human, Hyungwon couldn't believe how any human could do something like this, it was cruel and unforgivable.

Sure, he did not like nor trust his father but...who could be that crazy to kill him? The church wasn't that appreciated, that was true. But really?

"We're coming in! We've waited long enough." A short, heavily built woman slammed up the door, almost hitting Hyungwon's face, she had another taller, slender woman and a average sized man behind her.

All of them were dressed in green, ambulance jackets with yellow, shining fabrics on the back and front. The short woman pushed Hyungwon aside to be able to get into the house, the taller woman quickly followed her but the man stopped in front of him.

"You said your...Dad has been murdered right? I'm very sorry for your loss." He nodded and stood quiet.

"Take care." The man said and walked into the kitchen as well to take a look at the corp.

Hyungwon followed them as well, he just stared at the miserable body that had once belonged to his father.

"You should've called the police not us." The round woman said, while whiping some sweat off her forehead as she looked almost as traumasized inside as Hyungwon.

"We cannot do anything for you but the police will come soon to take care of the body for obduction and lay a ground for an investigation as there is no doubt that this was a crime. They'll hire investigators as well, hopefully they'll find a suspect soon." The tall, slender woman said with a calm voice as if she wasn't affected at all, tightening her high, brown ponytail. She pushed them all aside, held up the door for the other two nurses and said, before closing the door.

"Take care, sir." Something that Hyungwon wasn't going to do. Not at all, but he needed comfort and he knew who he'd call.