Chapter 8

Wonho heard the phone ringing from the livingroom, he hesitated to pick up the call.

What if it was one of the guys his mom talked to? He knew those guys did very weird things to his mother when no one saw, behind closed doors and she got payed for it right? He didn't understand at all, he was too young. Little did the 8 years old boy know that his mother was a prostitute.

As he finally collected the courage to pick up the call, he lifted up the phone with his very thin, pale hands and hoped that this was not one of the weird guys his mother was with.

"Hello, is this...Lee Wonho I'm talking with?" The unfamiliar voice said.
"...Y-Yes, that's me."

"I am investigator Lee Jooheon, where was your brother, Lee Minhyuk during the time 12: 00 to 16: 00?"

Wonho got quiet, what was he supposed to say? He didn't knew why this man was asking him this but he didn't dare to hang up.

"He was with his friend I think, then he came home around 14: 00."

"Thank you so much, have a good evening." The voice said and hanged up.

Wonho was scared, was the police chasing his brother? What would he do if they did? His brother could never harm anyone, what would he do without him.

Mom and dad had been gone for weeks now, Minhyuk said they sniffed powder that made them "funny" and drank liquids that took them to another world and that they could not do this at home so they went for trips sometimes.

Wonho played with his blonde hair as he sat down on a chair that was placed oddly in the corner of the livingroom.  The little boy's hair was very clean and carefully combed, since his parents were very bad at hugiene, he himself was strictly taught to stay clean by Minhyuk who cared a lot about such things.

He did anything to prevent Wonho from following their parents footsteps which Wonho felt very safe about.
He already missed his big brother even though he had left just 2 hours ago, they were unseparatable, always together, time stood still when they weren't. Everything was dark outside by now, when would Minhyuk get home?