Chapter 37(Final)

Hyungwon unpacked the big boxes placed in the middle of the new, fresh apartment. The air was clean and he didn't regret moving at all.

Ever since Minhyuk got sent to life-sentence and mental-treatment, his heart had suddenly felt light. He could finally start over and here he stood in an apartment in the center of London.

As Hyungwon unpacked the boxes filled with everything from bedsheets, pillows and clothes to photographies and old plushies from his childhood.
Everything was important to him.

One photography was of his dad, he placed it on a white shelf that was one of the few furnitures in the tiny apartment.
Beside it, he placed a photography of Kihyun and him taken by a polaroid canera. Kihyun was a skilled photographer and Hyungwon had a lot of his photographies saved in the box.

When he came across a photo of himself and Minhyuk, he could feel his heart sting for the first time in a long time. He never really said goodbye to Minhyuk and despite his horrible actions, he still missed him a bit. He still felt disappointed in Minhyuk after all this time.

Putting the frame with the photo back into the box, Hyungwon took out a piece of paper from one of his writing desk's drawers along with a pencil.
He sat down by the desk, holding the pencil in his right hand.

"Dear Minhyuk." He wrote on top of the paper with his neat handwriting.

"This is Hyungwon. I just wanted to say that I'm deeply disappointed in you." Hyungwon scribbled with his ink pencil with a trembling hand.

"I will never forgive you but you made me realize something." He continued. "Love really is blind. I was blind and so was you."

"I'm living a nice and central life here in London but I'm not alone. Wonho lives here with me and I follow him to the busstop everyday when he goes to school. It's nice." Hyungwon casually wrote as if nothing had happened.

"How are you there in your rotten cell, Minhyuk? I actually don't care. So many innocent people suffered because you couldn't stand for your actions." Hyungwon put the pencil against the paper one last time to finish off his letter.

"I thought you were Innocent but you were Guilty after all."

Thanks to everyone who read this! Plot twist but not really: This story title and plot is inspired by the album Guilty that had two versions called Innocent and Guilty.