Chapter 36

"THIS IS THE POLICE!! HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD IMMEDIATELY!" A familiar male voice shouted very loudly followed by two warning shots as the door got slammed up.

Investigator Jooheon, Daniel and two other policemen stormed into the small cabin's door, pointing their guns at Minhyuk who immediately dropped both of his guns to the floor and put both of his hands in the air with a ghost-like expression.

"You're charged for man-slaughter, planned murder and hostage. Kindly follow me to the police station to explain yourself." Jooheon said, walking up to Minhyuk who stood as frozen and didn't even react when given handcuffs.

Jooheon grabbed his arm with in a sturdy grip and led him out without hesitation to shove him into one of the police cars that was parked behind the cabin.

Daniel stretched out his hand to Hyungwon who looked more traumazised than ever but instead of waiting for a response, Daniel embraced the taller boy in a hug.
"It's okay now. It's over." He said with his usual monotone voice and patted Hyungwon on his back.

Hyungwon couldn't help but burst into tears. He was so scared, he thought he'd really die so Daniel's hug was somehow comforting.
"I-I just...Thought I could trust him." Hyungwon stuttered with the tears stuck in his throat.
"I wish I never found that bottle."

"I don't know what you're talking about. We'll investigate it. Don't say that y'know, justice always finds its way." Changkyun calmly replied, not letting go of Hyungwon who just nodded in response.
"I'll have to take you in for examination to get the whole story, okay?"

Hyungwon nodded again and tried to dry his tears with his big, slender hands but Changkyun handed him a tissue before he could even try to protestate.

"Thank you..." Hyungwon mumbled, trying to smile at the younger boy.

"No problem." Daniel replied. "It's all over now."

-

Minhyuk stared down into the black table brick in the tiny examination room as he spoke with a monotone voice.
"I always knew that...Hyungwon's father really hated me. I guess that was fine." He shrugged as Jooheon noted every each of his words.

"But I just couldn't stand when I saw how bruised Hyungwon always was when we met. How his body would be covered with horrible blue-purple bruises. It was terrible." Minhyuk paused, trying to gather his thoughts before continuing.

"So one day...I had enough. I started planning a detailed murder. The plan was so on point. Nothing could go wrong."

Jooheon raised one of his eyebrows in a doubting expressions. "But it did."

"Anyways. I payed my little brother's babysitter to do the dirty work for me. I knew he was in desperate need of money and I would myself never be possible to be accused since none of my DNA or fingerprints would be left at the crime scene." Minhyuk added which made Jooheon shrug as well. Why didn't he figure that out earlier?

Minhyuk continued his story without looking up.
"I knew that a religiously active person would get accused like Jisoo Hong so that was perfect. When that bartender later got suspicious of Shownu, the babysitter, I decided to take him down as well. He would definietly expose our plans." He said, now with a more steady voice.

"That dumb idiot Shownu forgot to wear gloves when pouring the lamp oil over the bartenders jacket which caused him to get found guilty. But it wasn't me so I didn't care." Minhyuk confessed with a slightly annoyed tone.

Jooheon noted like crazy and was amazed by how planned in detail the crime was. Such minds were dangerous, he thought.

"When Hyungwon found out...I thought the best thing would be to kill both of his together. I wanted us to be together forever even if it meant alive or not." Minhyuk finished his story.

Jooheon thought it sounded sick and hoped for mental hostage for this guy rather than prison but didn't comment anything.
"Thank you, Mr.Lee." He suffled his papers on which he had noted the whole story and walked out of the tight space.
"We're definietly ready to go to court." He mumbled and closed the door behind himself.

Innocent or Guilty | Hyunghyuk MONSTA XOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara