Chapter 9

Just as the short, brownhaired man had finished up cleaning up the last part of a dirty shelf behind the worktop at the only local bar in the village, the silence broke by aggressive yelling and rough laughters.

A whole group of men and women, barely even dressed despite the cold, evening stormed in, they were all clearly drunk already but Kihyun, a bartender with experiences through his life knew that this was normal.

It was always like this, every night the same gangs would party until their heads dropped, he didn't understand how they were still alive.
Were they ever sober? He doubted it.

It wasn't anything he tried to care that much about though, now he just had to make a living which he could through this job.

His poor, single and lonely ass wouldn't save him from the endless bills and taxes by doing nothing, something he had been aware of his whole life.

A sweaty man dressed in a leather jacket and a half-ripped, white shirt walked up to the reception desk, almost stumbling over his own feet.

"Two boxes of beer."

Kihyun nodded and lifted up two big boxes with beer cans, sighing to himself. It was a lot of alcohol, these people really had no thought about their health.

He knew he shouldn't worry but it was in his nature, still he did give away the drinks, getting a thick wad of money in exchange.

Just as he was observing the group of people whoms age ranged from 18 to even 44, he heard the phone from within the kitchen ring.
He immediatly picked up and plugged one of his ears with his finger to be able to hear the voice over all the noise.

"Yes, Yoo Kihyun that's me. Investigator? Oh yeah, Chae Hyungwon? Yes he was here I can indicate. Okay, good evening sir." The confused bartender said and quickly hang up the call.

"I wonder what that was about." He thought to himself, running his small, somehow chubby hands through his backslicked, brown hair and fixing the black tie that had lossen it's grip around his neck as he took a last look in the mirror hanging over the oven in the kitchen before returning back into the bar where the inferno of drunken people just got worse by every minute. It was going to be a long, long night.