Chapter 29

"I swear, it wasn't me."

Shownu crossed his muscular arms over his wide chest, leaning back in the plastic chair as he stared right into Jooheon's eyes.

They sat faced against each other at each side of a tiny, black table. The room was small with nothing placed in it. It was an examination room. A hidden camera was installed in the top left corner of the room from where other staffs with the task to control the examination watched it.
Jooheon leaned forward.

"The DNA tests tells a different story." He said, showing Shownu a paper where the DNA of Shownu found on Kihyun's dead body had been clearly pointed out and approved to be a match. The accused man looked like he'd faint at any second but quickly got himself together, stressing an answer.

"Okay! I give up, it WAS me. I did it."
Jooheon nodded in satisfaction.
"What was your motive?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Shownu did not speak but just sat quiet without showing any signs of planning to answer though he eventually did after a while.

"Kihyun owed me money but then I realized that his life was worth more cash. I could easily steal his money." The man said without shame.

In the end, he lied. Jooheon thus was buying his lies. "Okay, we're ready to go to court." Noting in his writing-pad, the investigator signalated a safety-guard to lead Shownu to his temporary cell while waiting for the trial.

Being pushed into the cell, it didn't bother him too much as he had been arrested for minor crimes before such as driving too fast, getting into fights at parties and stealing. The cell was familiar to him.

He knew that the trial could lead to his death if the judge was certain enough but he really didn't care. It hadn't gone quite as he was planning to, money was a strong motive and maybe it was the reason but it wasn't that way.

The most important thing was yet to be revealed but Shownu would not tell the court ever even if it meant life-time prison because he would never betray. He would stick to his story until death.

Betrayal wasn't his thing.
Now, wait was the only thing left to do which still wasn't all that bad according to Shownu. He had dug his own grave but would stand for it.
He would stand for his lie.