Chapter 14

The investigator sighed as he suffled through his notes in the office just as he had the day before while his apprentice sat there, stone faced.

Jooheon could swear on that Daniel was indeed thinking about the case. Twisting the thoughts fourth and back, up and down as he had an incredible mind, capable to analyze every little detail.
That was nothing he did loud though, no, he did it within his mind, with his standard straight face, showing no emotions or letting any words spilling through his lips.

It was the way it was supposed to be. It was important to not make anything obvious while interviewing people, it could be the killer that they were talking to after all.
A thought every investigator had to keep in mind. Always.

"Do you think Jisoo Hong is our man?" Daniel suddenly said, crossing his arms over his chest with his head high.
Jooheon bit his lip and thought for a while.

"Yes."

"How so, sir?"
Daniel glanced at his supervisor with a cold, unreadable look while asking the question with an almost scary, flat tone which made Jooheon shiver.

"He has a good motive as a man known for disgusting the protestantic church and its leader, a dedicated catholic. Indeed ready to kill in the name of God."

Daniel nodded as he listened further to Jooheon's theory.

"Considering the aggressive, multiple stabs, it was definietly a crime linked to someething personal and his motive is based on anger." Jooheon continued.
"What other alternative suspects do we have anyway? Don't you think this is the most logic motive, Daniel?"

"Sure."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Jisoo glanced, impatient at the clock hanging on the wall beside him. He was surrounded by completely white walls and there wasn't a lot of space at all. In fact, the only thing that fit into the room was a small table and two plastic chair in which he sat in, frustrated by the situation.

He didn't look like criminal, did he with his soft, lightbrown hair, catlike, shining eyes, dressed in a pink sweater. No, he looked innocent, right?

The silence got cut by the handle on the door next to him being pressed down. In, investigator Jooheon walked, taking a seat in front of Jisoo.
He immediately started to ask the suspect short, blunt questions as he stared into his eyes.

"Was Mr Chae your enemy, Jisoo Hong?"

"I didn't kill him." Jisoo answered with slight anger in his voice.
Jooheon shrugged and noted in his worn out, yellow notepad. 'Aggressive response, suspicious'

"How come you know that he was killed? No one has announced it in public nor did I say that earlier." Jooheon said, convinced that he had their killer.
Jisoo flickered with his eyes from nervousity.

"Well...People talk! I saw his son yesterday and it was church service. His dad use to company him but not that day."

Jooheon nodded repeatedly as the suspect spoke.
"How do you know that? Did you spy on him?"

Jisoo's wide, shaking eyes suddenly changed, they got calm and dark, his glance was cold as he gave out a groan and crossed both his arms and legs.

"I want a lawyer."