Chapter 32

Minhyuk went out in the short hallway to open the door as the knocking sounds could be heard. The person standing on the stairs in front of the door was none other than investigator Lee Jooheon who bowed in a polite action before entering the small house.

"We have some things to settle." The investigator said, taking a seat by the kitchen table next to Hyungwon. He took out his notepad from his pocket and glanced at Wonho who seemed clueless as usual.

"Wonho, go play in the livingroom, will you?" Minhyuk demanded as if he had read Jooheon's thoughts. Taking off his apron, he as well settled by the table to take part of the information that Jooheon was most likely to provide.

Peeking in the pad now and then, the investigator started his session.

"First off, I am very happy that the killer of Yoo Kihyun got jailed so fast. Thank you for your tip." Jooheon cleared his throat before continuing.
"Daniel and I recently made a determinating discovery as we searched for more evidence regarding the murder of your father." He nodded at Hyungwon who nodded back.

Minhyuk started waving with his hands--signalating that the investigator should get to his point faster-- as the impatient person he was. Jooheon noticed the gesture but didn't pay much attention.

"We found a strand of hair at the crime scene which we sent for a lab scanning. According to the lab rapport tests, the DNA we identified and which also tells who the hair belongs to shows matching patterns with was..." He paused to observe the two boy's faces before revealing the answer as if it was a reality show.
"Son Hyunwoo."

Minhyuk gasped as he heard the familiar name and Hyungwon looked more spaced out than ever with his big eyes widened.

Shownu really wasn't a religious man which wrecked Hyungwon's whole idea of the motive. He couldn't for his life understand how this came to be and why. "But why?" Was all he could manage to let out.

Jooheon sighed. "How would I know? For instance, Hyungwoo or...Shownu will be taken in for examination regardless of his current sentence."

He put the pad back in his long jacket's pocket and took the few steps to the door. "This thing will be over soon so stay calm. You can sleep soundly tonight." Jooheon claimed before stepping out and closing the door behind him.

When Minhyuk saw the investigator's black car leave the driveway, he casually called for Wonho as if nothing had happened.
"Wonho! Come and wash up your plate!" He shouted and Wonho sprinted there immediately to clean after himself.

Hyungwon shrugged and found it weird how Minhyuk acted so motherly and mature all out of the sudden. Minhyuk was definietly the opposite if there was a way to describe him so it was quite a shock but nothing that kept his thoughts busy for very long either.

He stayed completely silent while Minhyuk and Wonho did the usual house-chores together, something he in normal cases would have helped with but he just couldn't stop thinking.
Nothing really made sense. Shownu who he never actually met? What motives would he have? None, right?

"Hey, are you okay?" Minhyuk asked, patting the spaced out boy's shoulder lightly. Hyungwon flinched as he awoke from his thoughts as sudden as if he got a bucket full of ice cold water over his head.

Minhyuk jumped a step away from Hyungwon at the shock. "Don't scare me like that!!" He almost yelled.

"S-Sorry, I spaced out again..." Hyungwon stuttered, shaking his head. "I was too deep into my thoughts...I actually wonder." He said slowly.

"What?" Minhyuk asked impatiantly, thugging on Hyungwon's black t-shirt sleeve, looking at him with convincing eyes.

"Why do you think Shownu killed my father and then Kihyun?"

Minhyuk suddenly became quiet, itching his neck while thinking deeply.

"I don't know."