Chapter 33

"I'm at least happy it's all over now." Hyungwon said, squeezing Minhyuk's hand whoms palm was sweaty due to holding hands for too long in the heating weather.

3 months had passed since Shownu, the babysitter had once again been proven guilty for both murders in court, declaring the case officially closed. Hyungwon had felt light hearted ever since and even tried to get his life together again.

He and Minhyuk now ran Kihyun's bar together since the summer vacations had been pretty long this year. It was now august when the heat was the most intense but it didn't bother either of the boys as they now walked through the park hand in hand.

"It's been so peaceful lately..." Minhyuk answered, inhaling the warm air. "I like it."

Hyungwon nodded, pressing a kiss on Minhyuk's white, thin hair. "It's great. I can't wait for life to y'know, go on?"

"Yes." Minhyuk agreed, showing all of his teeth in his contagious smile, making Hyungwon smile too.
He fished up his small cell phone with buttons on it and a tiny screen as a thought hit him.

"Oh yeah, I remember this really nice place to hang out at!" He stated with excitement in his voice, searching for the right icon on his low pixel screen.
As the gallery icon appeared, Minhyuk started to go through his half blurry photos to show his boyfriend the place he had earlier thought of.

Hyungwon rolled his eyes after 5 minutes had passed with still no photo found. "What's taking such time..." He groaned, peeking at the display.

"Chill, I found it." Minhyuk suddenly said, handing the device to Hyungwon.
On the screen was a photo of what looked like an abandoned cabin. It seemed very cozy to Hyungwon who was impressed by the place surrounded by tall trees.

"Are you sure we can hang out there?" He gasped, giving Minhyuk a questioning glare.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry about it!" Minhyuk laughed, taking back his phone, putting it back in his pocket.
"It's my parents cabin but they're never home or sane nor sober so they won't mind."

"Let's go then?"

"Yes!"
-
The road to the cabin was narrow and hard to follow due to branches slapping your face at every step.
Hyungwon wouldn't stop mumbling complains but Minhyuk didn't even bother to listen as he was used to it.

"There are so many mosquitos here, ugh...And why are there branches EVERYWHERE? These ants are climbing up my legs. It's too hot." He complained.

"Shut up already, we're almost there." Minhyuk sighed in response, pulling another branch to the side to move forward. "We should be there at any time now."

Just as he said that, the red, tiny cabin could be seen in just meters of distance. It looked even better in real life compared to the low-quality photo on Minhyuk's worn out phone.

Minhyuk grabbed Hyungwon's hand and ran to the door of the cabin which he opened with ease since it was unlocked and entered. Hyungwon couldn't understand how such a nice cabin could have been unused and abandoned like that.

The cabin only had two rooms, a kitchen and a bedroom.
The kitchen floor was decorated with a red carpet covering the wooden floor. A braided basket stood by the table placed against the right wall where Hyungwon supposed was the laundry basket.
He took a seat like Minhyuk on one of the also wooden chairs.

"It's nice, right?" Minhyuk asked, studying the cabin with a satisfied look.

Hyungwon couldn't keep his eyes away from everything from the liliac curtains, the worktop of stone and cute cupboards painted with flowers to the low ceiling, making a very cozy atmosphere.

"It's...great. I love it." Was all he could say after staring with admiring eyes for a couple of minutes.

"Awesome! We can sleepover here tonight, wouldn't that be nice?" Minhyuk suggested with a bright smile. "The beds already has fresh sheets since I was here last time!"

"That'd be great." Hyungwon simply replied, smiling as well. No one would worry about him anyway. For Minhyuk it was rather different.
"What about Wonho then?"

Minhyuk shrugged. "He can take care of himself. I'll call him to check if everything is okay every hour."

"He's just 7 years old...Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

Minhyuk quickly typed the number to the home phone and pressed call, listening to the signals beeping.

"Yes, hello Wonho."

"Minhyuk!! Where are you?"

"I'm in the cabin. I'll sleep here tonight, okay?"

...

"Please, Wonho...It's just one night."

"Okay...I'll see you then..."

Beep beep

"He didn't sound very amused, did he?" Hyungwon asked, glaring at Minhyuk who had a guilty look on his face.

Minhyuk sighed. "No...Ugh, whatever. Wonho needs to learn how to take care of himself sooner or later anyway." He implied, crossing his arms over his chest. "I'm sure he'll get over it."