Chapter 22

The yellow, weak light spread its soft colour, giving the white, bare ceiling a warm tone.

All of the four walls were white and naked with no windows. The only thing to exist in the cube-like space was a small bed but nothing else. On it sat a young man. Jisoo Hong. Glaring with empty, glass-like eyes into the wall in front of him.
He was dressed in an orange suit that the staff had given him for the moment.

It was a mindbreaking room, leaving nothing for the brain to stimulate, causing most people to go crazy. But Jisoo did not go crazy.

"I did nothing wrong" He kept mumbling to himself. "I did nothing, it wasn't me." Soon enough the truth was going to get spoken. It couldn't end like this.

Massaging his eyes, Jisoo sighed, changing his position to laying down on the bed instead of sitting. What else was there to do? Hopelessness and faith fighted an intensive fight in Jisoo's head.

This was the end, the court seemed pretty sure about their thing. But was it really? They couldn't put him in prison with barely any evidence at all. It was like war, one thought screaming over the other. The voices became louder and louder and more and more in Jisoos head.

He couldn't take it much longer. Spending another night in this isolation cell felt impossible to endure.

Picking up a razorblade from his pocket that he had hidden, he rolled up the sleeve on his left arm to reveal 3 straight cuts. Putting the razorblade to his arm joint, he slowly made another cut with a trembling hand.

"Just one more day." He nodded. "One more day, a fourth day." He whispered, nodding again. "I have to endure."

Putting the blade back into his pocked, the devestated young man's eyes got filled with tears and not a lot of seconds had passed until they rolled like salt pearls down his tanned cheeks. "God..." Jisoo cried.

"Just one more day."