Chapter 13

Hyungwon slowly placed one of his big feet in front of the other, staring at the ground with the same empty eyes as before.

He loosely held Minhyuk's soft but cold hand as they walked in what could be considered a snail's pace through the park. It was early spring but everything felt colder than it should've.

The green grass was still dry and short and the trees completely naked all around. Soggy puddles covered the road that had gotten all muddy at this point.

The park was next to the local church where Hyungwon had walked so many times before but back then, his black hair used to be water-combed behind his ears and around his neck, a silver cross used to hang.

He used to proudly walk around in that area with his head high, showing off his elegant limbs dressed in fancy suits. Every Sunday.
Every curch service.

Despite the cold treatment he got by his father, the curch service during Sunday morning's was his favourite times. His father was actually very kind to him those days, he helped him to dress nicely with fancier clothes than they could actually afford but "thanks to" the church taxes, it boosted their economy whether he liked it or not.

But it was different now, it was Sunday but the water-combed hair was exchanged with dry, messy hair from sleepless nights. Instead of a neat suit, Hyungwon wore a black t-shirt and he didn't care to either carry the silver cross or attend to the curch service today.

Unlike Minhyuk who did not like anything that had with the church to do, he himself was religious and somehow believed in God but not much enough to consider himself a catholic. The curch he used to go to wasn't catholic either, it was protestantic which made some citizens angry.

A lot of catholics did live in the village who disgusted the system with high church taxes. Some of them even drove to a city nearby to pray at Sunday.
It was weird to Hyungwon but he couldn't blame them.
His father wasn't a loved man because of this, he knew that.

The empty look in the boy's eyes suddenly dissapeared, he sqeezed Minhyuk's hand to gain his attention.

"Hm??"
The white haired, quick witted boy immediately looked at him to listen to what his dearest treasure had to say with wide open eyes.

"Do you think an angry catholic citizen could've killed my dad?" The taller boy asked as he glanced at the paler one with a mix of doubt but also fear in his eyes.

Minhyuk nodded slowly as he bit his lip with his face making a concerning expression.

"That...would of course make a lot of sense. You-" He looked into Hyungwon's eyes and squeezed his hand. "You should be careful. What if they'll hurt you as well. I mean you're the victim's son."

Hyungwon slightly smiled and kissed Minhyuk quickly on the cheek.

"Then that's the faith God choose for me."