Chapter 23

Led by two guardians, Jisoo made his way through the big door, leading into the local of faith.

Dressed in the same orange, suit but now with heavy handcuffs, tearing on his freedom he took a seat at one of the headtables just like last time. This time had to be different, a single mistake and he could be demanded life-time prison or even be doomed to death.

Even more people had gathered to watch the trial as it was now a well-known case on national television about the coldblooded killer, doing anything for his religion.

It made good headlines which got confirmed by the big audience, some quietly cussed at him or gave him the middle-finger but the majority was a quiet assamble with judging glances, ready to kill.

Most people were already sure that this was it, he was the man, a cruel man without any limits. Jisoo turnt around from his chair and gazed at the audience, letting his eyes wander from one side to the other, he bit his lip as his glances immediatly faced angry and disgusted faces. He turnt back.

Covering his face, letting out a hopeless sigh, the devestated man saw in the corner of his eye how all of the participants took a seat on their place as well. The judge, the prosecutor, lawyer, Mr.Chae's son, his...friend. As he turnt around a last time before the judge called for his attention, he managed to spot his own family. His little brother just sat there, shedding descreet tears while holding their mother's hand, mouthing a sentence to Jisoo.

"Big brother, why...?"
Something broke inside of  Jisoo as he saw the young boy whom he had grown up with, shaking his head slowly while mouthing back.

"It wasn't me, Vernon..."

"MAY I CALL FOR...The people's...attention."
Everyone in the room got instantly quiet by the sound of the judge's sharp voice.
"Let the trial against Jisoo Hong begin." The judge from last time was also the judge this time which made Jisoo very nervous, she was clearly intimidating despite her short height.

The prosecutor next to Hyungwon rose from his chair and from there, everything went in slow-motion for Jisoo. He couldn't focus at all, time had completely passed his senses and whether 3 hours or 15 minutes had passed was he unaware of. What were they saying? Was he going to lose or was he in an advantage? What was happening?

Nothing was clear in Jisoo's mind, the words, the speeches, the documents and pictures: everything was blurry, appearing as a smoorched out painting. A pat on his shoulder made him wake up from his unexplainable state.

"Sir, the decision has been made. Are you okay?" The lawyer said to Jisoo who got trapped in panic by the phrases. Did that mean that he got a life-time sentence?

He was scared of looking back to see the face of his family. He couldn't look at their probably disappointed faces, especially not Vernon but just as he had buried himself in despair, the judge's clear, sharp voice could be heard.

"The court has come to the decision that-" Jisoo catched his breath, now was the time.
"Jisoo Hong, is now...Innocent due to lack of evidence as he could not be connected directly to the crime scene." The judge knocked with her wooden hammer to confirm the decision.

Jisoo's shoulders felt lighter than ever before, it felt like he was flying when he made his way out from the courts room that day, carrying his little brother and holding his mother's hand.
"It wasn't me." He smiled.