Chapter 21

A robust silhoutte casted a big shadow on the floor at the bar entrance as the strong built man marched up to the reception-worktop, facing the little man in his 30's.

"Mr.Son? What brings you here on this lovely afternoon?" The bartender, Kihyun asked as he put down the glass he was whiping off with his stained towel on the worktop, looking up at the so much taller man in front of him.

"Just call me Shownu, I feel uncomfortable being called 'Mister'." Shownu said, taking a seat on one of the tall stools, placed in front of the high worktop.

"I see...Shownu." Kihyun nodded, resting his elbows on the worktop. They both went quiet, awkwardly looking from side to side to avoid each others glances. "So what brought you here?" The brown haired bartender suddenly asked to break the silence, nervously picking up the glass again to whipe it just because.

Shownu itched his neck with his big hand as he felt overwhelmed by the awkward atmosphere. "Well, not for an important reason. I'm just free from work."

"What do you work as?" Kihyun asked as he poured a whine glass with white whine and placed it in front of Shownu.

"Babysitter for the neighbour's youngest son. It's just a part job though, I'll make it big as a dancer one day." The younger man answered as he sipped from the whine glass.

"Ah, good luck with that. I used to want to become a rock star when I was younger but I'm probably becoming too old. Whom is this son you say?" Kihyun hanged up his black, waist apron to sit down in front of Shownu but at the other side of the worktop.

"Wonho. Lee Wonho. His family is one troublesome family. Imigrated from somewhere in northern europe."

Kihyun shrugged. "Lee Minhyuk's brother, I see." He nodded as he chose his words carefully, being used and experienced in keeping conversations as it was also a part of his job.

"Do you know him?" Shownu asked, shrugging, putting down the now empty whine glass with his big, tan hand.

Kihyun nodded once again while checking the bar's list of investments written on a long list, everything from white and red whine, cakes to strong liquors . "I know everyone here. Besides..." He looked up at from the endless list to face Shownu, raising an eyebrow. "Hyungwon, a close friend of mine, is very close to him."

Shownu bit his lip, not sure of what to say. In fact, he wasn't generally a talk-active person at all, spending most of his free time practicing dancing. He had dropped out from highschool, ending up jobless ever since.
He had a strong desire for money to get into a dance school to maybe, one day, fullfilling his dream to become a famous dancer.
He had to. Working part time as a babysitter wouldn't save his ass nor his family. He had to succeed.
"Thank you for the whine. How much is it?" Shownu said, opening his wallet, ready to pay.

"8€"

He bitterly handed the bartender the wished amount of banknotes and coins who grinned, satisfied with the expensive affair of only a glass of whine. "Have a continued good day, sir and welcome back!" Kihyun shouted after Shownu as the new costumer made his way out of the quiet local. He sighed, checking his investment list once again and then went into the kitchen to wash up the glass.

Pulling out a small stool, placing it in front of one of the small windows, he whiped off some dust that had gathered on the windows ill. It was like any other day. Or was it? Whiping some sweat off his forehead, the hardworking man sat down on his stool, thinking.
Wasn't it something strange about this Shownu?