Chapter 18

"Jisoo Hong will be held under arrest in an isolated cell until the judges have further deliberated the decision due to lacking evidence from the prosicutor's side."

The judge struck with the little, wooden gavel in the desk to confirm the decision.
Jisoo looked frightened but also somehow relieved as the sentence could've led to the death for him if he was directly proven guilty.

He loosened his black tie as if he was gasping for air and his lawyer quietly patted his back with her small hands. Her hair was long and black, she almost looked like a model but that was nothing any of them payed attention to.

Two guards walked up to Jisoo and led him out of the big room through the big, wooden ports.

Hyungwon who had been sitting next to the prosecuter without spilling a word now made eyecontact with Minhyuk who sat on the bench two meters behind him on the first bench in the line of many more.
They exchanged confused glances from not knowing what to thing whether this was the killer or not.
As the judge told everyone that they could leave the room, both of the boys slowly made their way out, holding hands under silence.

Once they walked down the stairs of the old local, Minhyuk suddenly stopped walking.

"I might have to go home right away. My brother is waiting."
Hyungwon shrugged from his sudden words.

"Yes sure...See you then." Hyungwon said, itching his neck from another habit of his. Minhyuk placed his slender hand on Hyungwon's cheek which he did when he had something important to say.

"Promise to not doubt me, okay?"

"..."

"Promise."

"Okay."
Hyungwon let out a deep sigh as he watched Minhyuk turn away and quickly walk away, further away from him. Running a hand through his hair, he started walking towards the busstop that luckily had a bus incoming in about 2 minutes.

Studying his surrounding, Hyungwon noticed three younger girls looking at him and maybe whispering. They all seemed the same to him, same hair, same annoying laughter, same clothes, same shoes. He could for his life not understand how Kihyun could consider these "cute", to him they just looked gross with their 5 layers of make up, making their original face disappear, always twisting their unnaturally blonde-dyied hair around their fingers.

Hyungwon could hear how they whispered about his apparently good-looking appearance and before he knew it, one of the girls standed in front of him, stretching out her hand towards him.

"My name is Chloe!" The girl smiled as she looked up on Hyungwon who looked down at her with a confused look as they slowly handshaked. He coukd feel her long, sharp nails scratching his palm which made him quickly realese his grip.

The girl called Chloe flickered to look at her friends who giggled like idiots which made her expression switch to something more uncomfortable looking.

"W-What's your name?" She stuttered, tucking on her tight shorts.

"Hyungwon. Chae Hyungwon." Hyungwon coldly answered.

"Would you like to company me at the local bar? You'll easily pass with the cool guys."

Hyungwon shrugged, it wasn't the first time someone tried to hit on him because whether one called it bragging or not, he was good-looking. As the fairly polite person he was, the answer came out followed by a discreet sigh.

"Sure, why not."

Chloe smiled brightly in a different tone and suddenly her character didn't seem fake at all. She casually grabbed Hyungwon's hand and dragged him with her, feeling her friends glances stabbing her in the back.

Hyungwon would've felt annoyed by the slightly younger, complete stranger suddenly offering him company but somehow, he didn't.
He actually felt quite happy.
Maybe it was the start of something new.