Chapter 35

The once so bright face that Hyungwon knew was completely gone. Left was a strained emotionless face that was barely recognizable who stared at him where he sat on a wooden chair in the kitchen's corner.

Minhyuk circulated like a hawk back and forth in front of Hyungwon with a steady grip around the pitch-black pistol, ready to fire off at any moment.
It was a frightening sight to Hyungwon, it was as if his life suddenly had turnt upside down.

Nothing was like he thought it was anymore. Fear was a controlling feeling at the moment but the feeling of betrayal and pure questioning had dug deep roots. All he could ask was "Why?" If even just in his head.

His voice was trembling when he finally managed to force the question out of his mouth.
"Minhyuk...Why...?"

Minhyuk chuckled in a tone that gave Hyungwon chills.
"You know, it's not that easy." He started, dragging a chair in front of Hyungwon to sit down to face him in a distance that seemed just a bit too close.

"I did it for you, Hyungwon."

"...What do you mean?"

Minhyuk thought for a bit before putting the pistol aside but not too far away for him to grab it whenever it was needed.
He laid back in his chair and crossed his think limbs over his chest.
"Hyungwon, why do you think I killed your father in the first place? What was wrong with him? Hyungwon?"

Hyungwon gasped when he realized. "He...hurt me...And he didn't like you. He didn't like us together."
He stuttered as the puzzle started to come together in his mind.

"That's right, babe. And why do you think I killed Kihyun? You're quite a smart one after all." Minhyuk continued, speaking about his terrible, inhuman actions as if it was nothing.

"I don't know."

Minhyuk crossed his legs, running his long, pale fingers along the metallic pistol that he had picked up.
"That bastard Shownu..." He clenched his fist by just mentioning the name.
"He almost ruined it all. Everything went smoothly...Until that day when he told me that the local bartender showed suspicious signs towards him."
Minhyuk suddenly smirked.

"It wasn't like he was wrong though."

Minhyuk grabbed the bottle filled with lamp oil and played with it.
"So...I gave him a mission. I think you can guess what." He hinted while loooking at the bottle with an aweful grin on his face.

Hyungwon wanted to throw up at Minhyuk's face. He couldn't believe one could do such a thing without being ashamed and it made him sick that such a person had been his best friend and even more for so long.

"It wasn't free though. I payed that dumb dog. He's so desperate for money...for his family or career? Who knows? But aren't we all like that in the end?" Minhyuk added, pouring some lamp oil into a metal bowl with paper in it. He watched it burn up as the paper suddenly took fire.

"Quite a powerful weapon. Fire is uncontrollable after all...Just like emotions." Minhyuk sighed. "That man's love for his family was stronger than his desire of freedom. You see, that's why he become my assasin. His family needed money."

"Why are you telling me this...?" Hyungwon slowly asked with doubt in his voice.

"Because it's not fun if no one knows the thought behind it. I'm pretty smart, right? No one would ever accuse me after all. But oh well, you really had to ruin it all." Minhyuk explained. Hyungwon started to realize how sick Minhyuk was. He was no different from his parents after all.

Minhyuk suddenly seemed very sad and regretful but Hyungwon couldn't help but be suspicious.
But the white haired boy's thin lips was actually trembling. Hyungwon noticed how he reached for his pocked but couldn't focus as Minhyuk's eyes was completely locked with his.

"Hyungwon...It was all for you, okay. I may sound sick and I'm not proud for what I did even if I tried to act like it. I just don't want you to get hurt." Minhyuk said quietly without looking away. "He was hurting you, Hyungwon. I had no choice but to take him down! I...I love you...SO much." He sobbed.

"Minhyuk no...What you did wasn't sane-"

"IT WAS!! Stop...It was the only right thing to do. We would've lived happy together forever if you didn't find that damn bottle!" Minhyuk growled with tears in his eyes.

Hyungwon didn't know what to say. He wanted to cry and scream but he couldn't. He didn't notice the second pistol Minhyuk had fished up from his pocket until it was placed against his temple.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Hyungwon yelled as he felt the cokd metal to his head.

"Shh..." Minhyuk hushed while putting the other pistol to his own head.
"Let's end this mess here...I'm sorry for everything."

"MINHYUK NO!!" Hyungwon screeched.

Minhyuk smiled in agony, still looking into Hyungwon's big eyes filled with fear. This was the end.

"I love you, Hyungwo-" Minhyuk tried to say with a shaking voice but didn't get to finish his sentence before the sound of two bullets getting fired off could be heard.