Chapter 15

The thoughts rushed through Hyungwon's head, they morphed, separeted themselves and spinned around and around.

The night was dim and quiet. There he lied, staring up into the white ceiling, over his small bed. His limbs ached from ripping apart the curtains in the kitchen in rage, it was frustrating. Frustrating to not know anything.
Why?

"The church taxes."
Who?

"Some ragious idiot."

Those were the answers Hyungwon kept telling himself but it was deeper than that. Was it really because of the church taxes? It seemed to be too much of a petty reason to him, right? But what else could there be? To define the killer as "some ragious idiot" was just a generalization that didn't help a bit.
That person must be sick. He was sure of that at least.

The only thing that was positive in the current situation was that he didn't get slapped, he didn't get scolded nor did he recieve dissapointed glances anymore. He could openly be in Minhyuk's company, they could smile at each other, hug and hold hands.
It was his only joy at the moment.

Hyungwon glanced at the digital clock, blinking in the faded, yellow light from the little lamp on the bedtable next to him.
"4AM"

Hyungwon always took every possible chance that he got to sleep, he had never been awake at this time in his life but he wasn't even tired. In fact, he didn't feel anything at all, he didn't cry, he wasn't sad nor was he happy.

He felt dead as if his soul had left his body and maybe it had, a part of it at least. Slowly, he rose from his laying position, now sitting up with his head hanging with a dead glance in his eyes as he gazed out through the bedroom window. The sight wasn't very intresting, nothing but complete darkness could be seen out there but somehow, Hyungwon couldn't stop staring into the black scenery, he kept staring.

It was as if his gaze had frozen, as if he was paralyzed.
His abnormal state got interrupted by the repetive tones from his cellphone. His hand reached for the old, cellphone to pick up the call.

"It's Hyungwon."

"Investigator Lee here, we have a suspect that we are ready to take to the court."

The messy boy dropped the phone which landed softly on the bed. Was he finally going to get his answers?