Chapter 7

The darkness had already fallen over the little english village, police had arrived and escorted the corp out of the house for obduction.

Investigator Lee Jooheon sat in the now cleant up kitchen by the kitchen table in front of the traumasized Chae Hyungwon and his boyfriend Lee Minhyuk who held each other's hands tightly under the table. Beside him sat the emotionless appearing apprentice, Daniel Im.

"Where were you two during the time when the murder occurred which must've been between 12 :00 to 16: 00?" Jooheon asked as he locked eyes with both of the younger boys in front of him with a straight face, showing no sign of either suspicion, trust or whatever there was left to feel.

"I...I was with Minhyuk until about 14: 00, t-then I took a walk by myself on my way home. I also went by the local bar." Hyungwon stuttered, tightening his grip around Minhyuk's pale, frain hand.
Jooheon observed every little detail as Hyungwon spoke.

"Do you have an alibi?"
None of them answered.

"A person who can indicate this."

"Yes, Minhyuk...and Kihyun, a friend of mine. He's the owner of the local bar." Hyungwon answered with slight suspicion and Jooheon cut him off as if he had read his mind.

"Of course not, it's a princip, we have to interview everyone like this in crime investigations. Family as well." He said as Daniel handed him a yellow tablet which he immediatly started noting everything Hyungwon had said then he looked up at Minhyuk from the tablet.

"And you, my good sir?"
Minhyuk, as the quick witted person he was, answered immediately

"I was from 12: 00 to 14: 00 in Hyungwon's company, after that, I went home to take care of my little brother."

"I see, can he prove your alibi?"

"Yes, sir."

Investigator Jooheon gave the yellow tab, now full of notes to his young, quiet apprentice who put it into his black trunk which he had in his lap, keeping his straight facial expression.

Daniel also handed Jooheon a cellphone as if he'd done this many times before. Jooheon took the cellphone and pressed the power button so that the display lit up then he looked at the young boys in front of him.

"I need...Ki? Kitchen? Kijun?"

"Yoo Kihyun."

"Yoo Kihyun's phone number, he will prove your alibi, Hyungwon. As for you Minhyuk, do you have a number to call your little brother?"

Both of the boys looked at each other for a while before both of them, after a bit of hesitation, wrote the numbers on a sticky-note that Daniel gave to them. Jooheon walked out of the room into the dark hallway to make the calls, now they just had to wait.