* Chapter 6 - Consultation

-July 26th of 1312

Lena yawns tiredly at the late hour. It's had been two days since the battle and the men have been busy with repairs and fortifications. Meanwhile, the fort officers have been plotting among themselves except for the four officers who trusted her and one clueless, Private Ace.

Lena finishes the last of the reports as she rubs her tired eyes. The door softly opens as Holly pushes a cart with some light snacks and hot tea. Out of character, Holly gently places a cup of hot tea and a small plate of sweets on the office desk.

Lena blows on the hot tea as she murmurs her thanks to Holly. "Holly, thank you, but how about you get some rest, it is rather late."

Holly politely declines, "In that case, who will serve you and your expected guests, my lady?"

Lena sputters as her tea sloshes dangerously. Holly pointedly sniffs as she places the tea cups on their perspective saucers and prettily arranges the sweets on various china platters.

The door soundless slides open as Holly reluctantly refills Lena's platter of sweets. Chief Officer Gauthier wearing a dark robe creeps inside as three hooded figures silently follow behind. Lena smiles pleasantly and motions for the hooded figures to have a seat.

The three hooded figures gaze at each other for a moment, before the shortest figure sits down and the two-other remain protectively standing behind. Chief Officer Gauthier gulps as he hesitantly does the same, but brightens at the sight of tea and snacks.

The room is silent as the only sound comes from eating. After some time, Lena raises her gaze to Chief Officer Gauthier and says, "Chief Officer Gauthier, please introduce us."

Chief Officer Gauthier clumsily places his half-eaten cookie onto the plate as crumbs fall onto the desk. Holly frowns at the sight and icily glares at Chief Officer Gauthier, no doubt putting him on her blacklist of offenders.

Chief Officer Gauthier gloomily replies, "Captain Bartholomew, sir, this is Merchant Vadim and his two guards."

"Welcome. However, you have already seen my face and those that serve me, please extend the same curtsy and remove your hoods," Lena persuasively said.

The men look towards the sitting figure who removes his hood as they do the same. A middle-aged man with grey hair, bright eyes curiously studies the woman before him. The two beefy identical men, who can only be twins glare suspiciously at the woman with their beady little eyes.

Based on the thickness of their muscle, Merchant Vadim chose them for their strength and not their brains. But looks can be deceiving. The deadliest demon general Lena ever fought was one who appeared to merely possess brawn and no brains, but hid one of the most talented., cunning minds that world had ever seen.

"I'm sure Chief Officer Gauthier explained the reason for our sudden meeting. Before we been negotiations, are there any questions?" Lena calmly said as she studied the little men before her.

Merchant Vadim calculating eyes narrow as he equably retorts, "Weapons can be bought through legal means for much cheaper prices than I can offer."

"That is rather perceptive of you Merchant Vadim. You would be surprised how many merchants forget to ask simple questions when the prospect of money comes up as greed clouds their minds," Lena calmly said as she studies his expression.