Chapter 35.2 - Annual

The door slams shut as masked members of Typhoon wait for the sun masked leader to speak. The moon masked elder rises to her feet instead. "Welcome brothers and sisters, commence the report!" She ordered as the first member rose and reported.

The hour goes by until all members have given their report. Unexpectedly a masked figure wearing a goblin says, "And what of that woman, will the council do anything in regard?"

The members turn to each other in confusion as the sun masked leader answers, "That has been already been taken care of. She is imprisoned for life."

"But she should be killed!" The women's voice demanded inside the mask.

A noticeable chill descends in the room as the sun masked figure rises to his feet. "I am not in the habit of having to explain myself. Would you still like for me to do so?" The sun masked leader persuasively asked with a deadly chill to his voice.

The goblin masked woman shrinks in her seat and remains silent for the rest of the meeting as the leader reseats himself. The meeting is swiftly conducted as the figures disperse except for the elders.

An elder wearing a joker mask murmurs, "It would be wise to kill her would it not? Not now, but in the future."

"And we shall, but we have yet to learn who her ally is," the moon masked elder replied.

"And what if she has been abandoned and ties have been cut off?" An elder in an octopus mask raspingly said.

"Calm yourselves, brothers," an elder in an oni's mask warmly said.

The elder's robes rustle as the sun leader flatly says, "No, her ally is rather formidable. The enemy will not so easily abandon a useful pawn. And though imprisoned, a criminal may still be found pardoned. No, he/she will wait for such an opportunity to rise."

"We wait for the fish to appear, before tossing the bait," the moon female elder said.

The elders are silent as each disperse with their own privy in thought. But one thing was for certain, they would keep a close eye on the bait and wait for the fish to rise.