* Chapter 10 - Reinforcements

-August 12th of 1312

A week later the enemy arrived numbering about 5,000 men. The enemy was wary and will not easily go into battle other than the occasional skirmish.

Merchant Vadim would soon be arriving with the much-needed construction supplies. While mages and soldiers had been destroying, the tunnels securing the ground area below the fort and covering the previous dug pits. The construction of the female barracks was to be postponed until there was a ceasefire.

Lena yawns as she tiredly shifts in her seat and awaits her visitor. Time slowly flows as her eyes begin to feel heavy and she rapidly blinks the sleep away. To her vast relief, Lena spots two familiar dots on the interface screen.

Lena rises to her feet and stretches before seating herself again. Soon after, Chief Officer Gauthier opens the door as three usual figures enter followed by a petite hooded figure carrying a pack. Lena raises an eyebrow at the last figure but doesn't protest.

Merchant Vadim immediately removes his hood upon sitting down as his standing bulky twin bodyguards, Chase and Hunter do the same. Upon learning their names, Lena deduced from their names that their parents were possibly criminals or assassins, but from their looks she decided that it was the first choice.

Lena could only assume that their naming was either to instill fear into them as children or make them victims and ensure they grew up to be strong. Of course, there is a last possibility their parents were sadists.

Though, the petite figure did not remove their hood as if waiting for something. Lena gives Merchant Vadim a pointed look as he smiles charmingly and boyishly shrugs.

Merchant Vadim optimistically says, "Allow me to congratulate the Captain on her assured success." He pauses dramatically as Lena accepts the compliment and gestures for him to continue.

Merchant Vadim with a twinkle in his eyes resumes, "The goods have been delivered as promised including the building material. Sales are soaring through the roof! In the last week alone I've had to hire more than a hundred new workers.

And if I may report and give my thanks, my nephew is very grateful to the Captain for being allowed to join."

Lena politely smiles and replies, "Thank you for your kind words, Merchant Vadim. But did we not agree that Chief Officer Gauthier would be our intermediary?"

Merchant Vadim apprehensively replies, "Yes, but I was asked to introduce someone and I do believe they will be of use."

Curiously Lena signals for Merchant Vadim to continue as he swiftly adds, "Allow me to present Dolly, a nature shaman."

The petite figure nervously removes their hood as the hood drops onto the floor. Lena's heart almost stops in shock at the sight of a little girl of about eleven years standing in front of her. The girl has dark brown hair, large fluffy spotted ears wearing a cute ornamental top/bottom. And has a large fluffy tail as her cute bare feet are slightly paw like.

Without a word, Lena rises to her feet to vast shock of everyone. Before they can react, Lena is rubbing Dolly's soft ears and tail as Lena firmly states, "She's hired."

Lena happily continues to pet the soft ears and that oh so fluffy tail. All the men just gawk at Lena and her happy actions. But the most surprised person is the Dolly whose face is twisted in dislike. With sadness, Lena watches the precious one slip from her grasp and glare darkly at her.