* Chapter 24 - Interlacing

Lady Monroe, Eva stands over the stunned captivating form of Alastair. With anger in her eyes, Eva casts the rock aside as she motions for her aide to carry the stunned form of Alastair. Even though, she loved him, Alastair never glanced at her more than once.

Tears brimmed in her eyes as the aide carried the body of Alastair away. Eva just wanted to be with, but the Cardinal sent orders that Alastair was to be used as a trap. She could only hope that whatever was planned wouldn't leave any lasting marks. But it served him right for choosing that woman over her.

*

Lena finishes excusing herself for the night as early on the morrow, they would return to Alyssum. Strangely enough a courier rushes up to her carrying a message as she departs from the ballroom. The message is from Alyssum with the ensign of her Royal Father.

"To Princess Lena,

Please remain in the Demon Kingdom for a few more days. Word has reached us of stirrings. Observe and report upon thine return.

His Royal Majesty,

King Julius Sorrell of Alyssum."

Lena frowns as she folds the message. It was rather strange, but she would obey. Too tired to remain pondering, Lena makes her way to her quarters. But Lena could not shake a feeling of unease.

*

His body and eyelids feel heavy as Alastair tries to move as he pries his eyes open. Through blurry eyes Alastair finds his arms and legs tied to bed posts with magical nullification handcuffs, (most commonly used to apprehend criminals... cough.... And bondage).

Alastair head spins sickly for a moment as he closes his eyes to ease the throbbing in his head. Just resting his head against the bedpost causes a wave of nauseating pain to erupt from the tender lump on his head. Pull his head away, the dizzy wave slowly recedes as he opens his eyes.

The area is dark and nothing much can be seen other than the shadows of the walls. Sniffing the air, the scent of perfume wafts into his nose. Scrunching his eyes, Alastair recalls walking with the princess in the gardens, before separating, after that everything went dark.

Alastair frowns as he the cool the anger him as he recalls the last scent fixated in his memory, that of the familiar perfume of Eva. Narrowing his eyes, Alastair understood that he had been deceived. He was the bait to set the trap all long. In that case, he would demand to be dutifully rewarded.

Footsteps are heard in the distance as the room as the door opens and the curtains fly open. Alastair winces from the light as his eyes adjust as several other forms begin to shift and groan.

A woman with dark blue hair rises from his side rather sleepy as she softly murmurs, "Oh are you awake? I'm surprised considering-."

Two other women yawn and sit up without any embarrassment as the bed sheet fall and reveals their upper bodies. Alastair gapes at them as the women confusion his expression for lust. Well-rounded brunette slides towards his waist and firmly murmurs, "Oh my, are you ready for another round, milord?"

Before Alastair can protest the brunette has already climbed on top of him and slide him inside of herself. She begins to move her hips to a seductive beat as Alastair instinctively arches back to comply.

The door suddenly bursts open as Eva and a group of palace guards burst into the room. Eva sputters indignantly as the guard's blush and turn their eyes away. Eva points at the woman and hollers, "Whores get out this instant! Wench climb off him this instant!"

The brunette sighs as she climbs off Alastair and plants a gentle kiss on his lips. "Mm, stop by later by milord and I will finish satisfying you," the woman temptingly said before grabbing a sheet and wrapping around herself. Without any fear or shame the rest of the woman stride out of the room leaving Alastair very much exposed.

Eva hastily darts forward and unlocks the braces on Alastair as she occasionally gives Alastair's body a side glance. Alastair leisurely covers himself as an elderly woman who no doubt was once a formidable beauty, indignantly says, "What is the meaning of this! I will have you know that we are a proper establishment and all is in order! I will have you pay for the damage of your actions and report you to the courts!"

Eva glares at the brothel owner and ruthlessly says, "Guards arrest her for treason and kidnap!"

The brother owner huffs and sputter before saying, "How dare you! This man paid for these services himself and requested those girls to serve him. I have the proof right here and more than ten witnesses who can testify to my claims. One of them is in fact the Captain of Guards."

Eva grinds her teeth as the Captain of the Guards appears behind the owner of the establishment. He only wears a silk pant as muscular torso is revealed to matching dark skinned muscular body. The demon has curved back ram horns, flowing dark hair and bright emerald eyes.

The Captain gruffly says, "Yes, I was here and present at the time of said incident. I can attest that- Milord, personally requested those services himself. Unless my testimony is being called into question?"

Eva pales as she clenches her hands with fury. Without another word, Eva flees from the from the room as the guards follow fleeing from the wrath of their superior.

The proprietress pointedly says, "Boy, I don't know who you are, but next time I suggest you visit another establishment to fulfill your needs. Because of this moment on any future services are revoked. And to make sure, I will also issue an official complaint and request that damages be paid in full."

The owner leaves in a huff of low murmurs as the Captain of the Guards eyes Alastair darkly. "Your Holiness, I suggest you clothe yourself immediately. I will personally accompany and escort you to the palace to explain yourself. The palace and kingdom have been in turmoil since your Lady Monroe has been accusing everyone of kidnap and of treason," the Captain of the Guards drily said.

Without further words the Captain of the Guards turns on his heels to be dressed as Alastair leisurely stretches. Yawning he calmly dresses himself as he wonders, what he should ask for his reward?

*