* Chapter 19.2 - Light

~ POV of local priest of the Church of Light ~

The local priest rolls up his sleeves and marches into the castle of the Duchy. Vast reconstruction had begun in the township and on the castle, but the Church of Light's building remained broken and tattered.

The abandoned castle was full of the sounds of reconstruction and new maids and manservants at work. The priest brushes past the protesting maids to be stopped in his tracks by a petite maid with strawberry colored hair. The maid eyes chill his very soul as she politely says, "You are trespassing and uninvited to enter Princess Lena's domain."

The priest gulps as his robes rustle uneasily. "I am a priest of the Church of Light and I demand to see Princess Lena!" The priest stammered indignantly.

"Princess Lena is currently teaching her class. But I can make an appointment for you to meet her," the maid icily said.

The priest flinched under the frigid gaze reflecting the visage of the goddess of Ice. The priest hastily flees while shouting back, "I'll be back! This won't be the last you hear of me!"

With great relief, the priest returns to his worn-down parish to pray to the goddess of Light. For a moment light shines down on him filling the priest with faith and hope.

*

Weeks later major reconstruction projects were finished in the Duchy as other projects were underway in the township and the several buildings were still in the process of construction. Accompanied by his small parish, the priest marches bravely into the Duchy.

Since his first visit, the priest had been turned by the maid with eyes of ice. Surely, darkness was afoot and he would ensure to reach his goal. And teach her a lesson to never underestimate a servant of the Goddess of Light.

They bravely venture into the Duchy to be stopped by an angel. The priest eyes widen in gratitude towards the heavens for the divine blessing. The sweet angel asks them to follow her and without out a doubt, they do so

A petite beast-men girl snickers as she skips past them on an errand. The priest pays no mind to the fluffy ears and tail as he follows the angel. With great decorum, the angel asks that they enter study room.

With great glee, the priest does so as he freezes with his parish. The door suddenly slams shut behind them as they are trapped with the icy presence from across the room. The petite maid stands at the side of the empty desk and eyes them darkly.

The priest takes a courageous step forward to fight for the forces of Light. Before he can open his mouth, the maid sullenly says, "100 gold coins are to be donated to the church for reconstruction."

The priest shuts his mouth in amazement at seeing the angel being a sign from the heavens. The maid holds out a large bag full of gold as the priest greedily takes it. Remembering himself, the priest benevolently says, "May the goddess light shine upon you."

The maid narrows her frigid eyes. "That being said, Princess Lena would like to kindly express the need for the Goddess of Light in the nearby towns that lack a priest. After all the light of the goddess must shine on all," the maid flatly said with a touch of triumph.

The priest gasps with horror. That would mean that most of year he would be on the road traveling rather than tending to his flock. The priest hastily says, "The light must also shine here."

"We are always in the light of the goddess," the maid smugly said before adding, "A deacon of the parish will most assuredly ensure that the light of the goddess does not stray."

The priest numbly nods as the gold in his hands feels impossibly heavy. The maid's eyes glitter darkly as she opens the doors for them to pass through. The parish congratulates the priest excitedly as the priest eyes seem vacant without luster.

Without further ado, the presence of the angel greets them at the gates leaving them in even higher heights and plummeting the priest to lower heights. Light must shine and pierce through the darkness. The servants of the light must be prepared to venture into the shadows to spread the light.

*

~ POV of Cardinal Richelieu (Member of the Church of Light) ~

The adoring priests and priestesses wave goodbye to Cardinal Richelieu as he waves goodbye to them from the citadel. Cardinal Richelieu benevolent presence fills all those that he passes by with joy and light. Cardinal Richelieu even stops to help a young acolyte that had spilled papers onto the ground. With eyes of awe, the young acolyte thanked Cardinal Richelieu for his aid, who merely chuckled in reply.

The glass stained windows cast dancing lights of colors as Cardinal Richelieu passes as if illumining his very path. Waiting inside his rooms is a fairy like beauty with bright pink hair. Alongside her is a handsome young man with green colored hair.

Cardinal Richelieu warmly greets them as he sits down. "Welcome children of the light."

The two chorus back, "May the light of the Goddess always shine upon you."

Formalities completed Cardinal Richelieu kindly asks, "How are the goddesses teachings spreading?"

The green haired youth replies, "The word is spreading, your excellency."

The pink haired maiden chimes in, "A new favor of awakening has begun."

"The goddess is pleased by thine service, but a new assignment has been given. The two of you will attend the Championship Tournament and enlighten those whose faith has fallen," Cardinal Richelieu lightly said.

"It will be as his excellency commands," The two firmly said before departing from his presence.

Cardinal Richelieu soothes the papers on his desk and begins to write a letter to the King of Alyssum requesting aid in spreading the light. One could never have too much light.