* Chapter 22 - Championship

-April 5th of 1313

Lena hides her yawn as she climbs out of the carriage at the arena's entrance. The entrance was strictly for nobles which housed gardens to rest from the excitement of the arena.

From the distance, Lena recognizes several figures from the game, she had yet to meet, Princess Alita Solana, Belladonna Invidia and Princess Bridgette Hlynn. The three women chatted as their fiancés huddled in a group some distance away.

Out of the three, Princess Alita is the most fair and sweet looking. With long white hair carefully braided, she wears a simple blue dress with intricate sewing. What attracts Lena's eyes is the feathers in her hair proving her avian heritage.

Lena's fingers twitch at the sight of the feathers, before turning towards Belladonna. Lena sighs once she does. It's not that Belladonna lacks a figure, but rather she wears too little. It is a common sentiment among female demons, but men want things left to the imagination.

Lena avoids staring at Belladonnas exposed body rather studies her features. Glossy silver hair with yellow eyes and a curved set of horns extruding gently forward almost like a crown of sorts. Belladonna has an arrogant look on her face, but it is not cruel if Lena had to say.

On the other hand, Princess Bridgette has fair skin, golden wavy hair with laurel in her hair for decorations. Her stormy colored blue eyes are fierce, but there is an elegant smile on her face. Her clothing is reminiscent to that of ancient Rome or Egyptian with a slight twist.

Bridgette was quite different from most of the females Lena had met. Not in appearance but how she held herself with confidence and pride. She resembled a modern 21st century woman.

Seeing Lena approach the trio of fiancés let out a relieve smile and take the chance to flee. The frowning women study Lena with mixed expression on their reserved faces. But their doubts vanish as they all set polite expressions on their faces at her arrival.

"Greetings Princess Alita, Lady Belladonna and Princess Bridgette. How are you this fine morning?" Lena said as she curtsied.

Princess Alita smiles faintly in reply as Belladonna loftily looks down her nose at Lena, whilst Princess Bridgette gracefully greets Lena.

A familiar voice emerges from behind them. "Good morning, Princess Lena. As usual your countenance radiates the purity of the Goddess of light," Alastair drawled.

Lena winces at the corny lines as she turns to greet the charming visage of Alistair and sulking figure of Lady Monroe. "Thank your Holiness," Lena politely said.

Alastair smiles at the other woman before saying, "Princess Lena, may I have the honor of requesting your presence for today's match?"

To Lena's surprise a soft voice comes to her rescue. "I'm sorry your Holiness, but Princess Lena has already agreed to sit with us. Perhaps another day," Alita softly said.

Lena flashes Alita a grateful smile, before chiming in, "Yes, perhaps another day, your Holiness."

Alastair sighs dejectedly and says, "Yes, I suppose so. But before I go-," he pauses as he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a beautiful white lily. "A beautiful flower for a beautiful maiden," Alastair seductively said as he held the flower out to Lena.

Lena mutely takes the flower as he grabs her outstretched hand and places a lingering kiss on her hand. Lena wretches her hand out of his grasp as a ripple of goosebumps appear on her skin. A mocking smile appears on his face, but is swiftly replaced by a heartbroken expression. Alastair excuses himself as Lady Monroe shots Lena as they stroll away.