02 | "Duck!" "Where?!"

The car ride was awkward to say the least, and when we got home it was even worse.

I was situated in the living room whilst Mia, Megan and my brother were conversing in the kitchen, talking what I suspect was about my interaction with Logan.

It's been almost 10 minutes and I don't see why this was such a big deal.

Going on to the eleventh minute all three came out and Noah gestured me to follow him upstairs, I've been here not even twenty four hours and I'm already in trouble? I believe that's a new record.

When we get upstairs Noah leads me into my room where Gracie is still sleeping on my bed,

"You can't speak, talk, or even look in that Logan kid's general direction," he commands with a stern voice.

"What? You can't do that!" my voiced laced with disbelief,

"He's dangerous, you need to stay away from him, Alex"

"Yeah- help me out here because I'm really confused" I voiced, equally as stern,

"Please just trust me on this Lex"

"What? Noah, what's this really about?"

He just sighs.

"Oh no, nope, nuh uh, you can't be serious, you're still doing it aren't you!" I cried in exasperation,

"Alex let me explain I-"

"I don't believe this"

"You don't understand, it's not the same"

"You told me you'd find away to get out of all of this!"

"Alex, you have to understand- "

"Noah, when I went to live with grandma I left on one condition, that you'd stop and that you'd be safe, you had one job Noah! You promised me!" I could feel the tears pooling at the back of my eyes as I frantically blinked them away so it's not noticeable.

I hate crying, especially in front of other people, it shows weakness and I'm not weak.

"I don't have a choice..." He looked so heart broken and his eyes were filled with so much conviction I couldn't stay mad at him.

I took a few shaky breaths "these friends I'm meeting for dinner... they're part of your gang?"

He nodded,

"Mia and Megan?"

He nodded again.

I took a few steps towards him before embracing him into a hug; he probably didn't expect that because he stood rigid against me before hugging me back.

"You're all I have left Noah I can't lose you too",

"You won't, I promise".

***

"Why did the chicken cross the road?

"Why?"

"To get to the dumbasses' house"

"Knock knock"

"Who's there?"

"The chicken"

Everyone went quiet,

"C'mon it was hilarious!" Dylan called out over the silence that settled over the lounge room.

After Noah and I's little heart to heart we began getting ready for dinner with the rest of the gang.