12 | The Cherry on Top

A/N: Amber Heard as Christina :) 

When Sunday morning came around Noah and I avoided each other like the plague, I didn't get any sleep last night with so many thoughts racking my brain so when I heard him wake up at 6am and drive off in his car I didn't expect him to come back un...

When Sunday morning came around Noah and I avoided each other like the plague, I didn't get any sleep last night with so many thoughts racking my brain so when I heard him wake up at 6am and drive off in his car I didn't expect him to come back until the night.

I received a call from Kyle around 7am though, which surprised me;

"Hey" I greeted him through the phone,

"Hi, um, I heard that uh- you heard and sorry for you know not telling you and all I-"

"It's okay, I know why you did it and although I don't agree with the how, I forgive you",

"Thanks anyway, that's not the real reason why I called"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, my gramps needs someone to work at the shop today and I know you were supposed to start next week, if you're busy it's alright I can find someone else but-"

"Yes!" at this point I'd welcome any distraction.

"Yeah?" he chuckled,

"Yup, but just one problem, I can't get there without a ride",

"No problem, I'll just get Christina to pick you up she's an employee so I'll just text her your address?"

"Yeah thanks"

"No, thank you, she'll be there in half an hour"

"Okay, bye Kyle!"

"Bye Alex, have fun" he said before hanging up.

I had thirty minutes, which gave me enough time to shower, eat breakfast and get ready.

I threw on a quick pair of jeans and a simple t-shirt, doing my usual makeup routine, tying my hair up in a messy bun before tying my locket around my neck and putting on white converse shoes.

I had a few minutes before a loud honk resonated from outside, signalling that Christina was here.

I locked the door and headed to her car, which looked like a pretty average silver car.

"Hey! I'm Christina!" a blonde with cerulean blue eyes beamed at me as I sat in shotgun putting my seatbelt on.

"I'm Alex, nice to meet you"

As we started our drive to Cherry on Top Christina talked to me about the job,

"So we'll get you an apron and stuff that's all sorted, I'll also be showing you the ropes and all that jazz, I think you get the point" she grinned at me to which I grinned back.

When we got to the ice cream shop Christina unlocked the doors, changed the closed sign to open and handed me an apron, the same one Kyle wore yesterday.