19 | "What's the rush, sugar?"

"Perfect" I muttered under my breath as rain began to pour down heavily from the cloudy sky.

I was walking to school this morning since Mia had called and told me that she was going to be late today and I had a better chance of walking to school.

Noah had gone to work at the garage early and Chase shared a car with Liam who had driven him to school this morning before meeting Noah at the garage.

So by now I was soaking wet and freezing my ass off.

A car pulled up beside me and the window rolled down to reveal Logan in the driver's seat,

Of course.

"Jump in," he almost yelled over the rain and I nodded quickly before getting in the car.

"You're drenched," Logan stated as he cranked up the heater once he saw me shivering, "Not sure if it was because of the rain or because you saw me".

I punched his arm in response and he chuckled. I rubbed my hands up and down my arms to keep myself warm, my hair was matted on my face and I was sure I looked like a mess but I didn't care at the moment.

What I did care about was not dying from hypothermia.

"Here take this" Logan said as he pulled off his grey hoodie and handed it to me when we came to a stoplight,

I took it gratefully as I slipped it on, melting in the warmth it gave.

"T-thanks" I stuttered, my teeth chattering too much to make a coherent sentence.

"So how's your morning going?"

I looked at him with my eyebrows raised,

"Right" he chuckled and turned the radio's volume up to fill the silence that had settled over the sound of raindrops.

A lonely mother gazing out of her window staring at a son that she just can't touch. If at any time he's in a jam she'll be by his side,

but he doesn't realize he hurts her so much" I sang and Logan looked at me weirdly,

"As if you don't know this song," I smirked playfully and he scoffed,

"Of course I do... I was just wondering if it was possible to sing that badly",

"You're such an asshole!" I gaped and punched his shoulder,

"You shouldn't hit the driver Alexandra" he threw his head back in laughter.

"But all the praying just ain't helping at all, 'cause he can't seem to keep his self out of trouble. So, he goes out and he makes his money the best way he know how, another body laying cold in the gutter" I continued and Logan hummed to the song, which made the smile on my face wider.

"Sing it with me!"

"Don't go chasing waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to. I know that you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all, but I think you're moving too fast" Logan and I belted loudly as TLC'S Waterfall played over the radio.

Logan laughed along with me as the chorus ended.

His laugh, the one noise that never ceased to amaze me.

***

"Alexandra!" Logan called after cheerleading practice,

The last few days passed uneventfully and it was finally Friday afternoon.

"Logan" I smiled warmly at him, Mia who walked next to me nudged me slightly and winked. I rolled my eyes at her but I couldn't keep the excited grin off my face as Logan approached.