27 | "One ticket for the hottie and one for your...friend"

"My poor baby! I shouldn't have left you alone" Mia said to me when she picked me up from Logan's place, she squished my cheeks tightly and engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" she asked me,

"Yeah I'm fine" I lied,

When I woke up today I felt absolutely disgusting. I was in the shower for at least twenty minutes trying to scrub the memory of last night off me.

Mia pulled apart from me and gave me a look which meant she saw right through my bullshit,

"I've been worse" I shrugged and she narrowed her eyes at me before accepting my answer.

"Great now that we've established you're alive and not dead... You're such an idiot! I told you do not get drunk out of your mind! And what do you do? Get drunk out of your mind!" Mia scolded me and I winced from her loud voice, it was already bad enough I had the biggest hangover ever.

Her eyes softened at that, "You're such a dumbass" she told me and hugged me again.

"I concur" Logan said from behind us, his hands tucked in his pockets,

"Shut up" I told him when Mia and I pulled apart, he laughed at that.

"Anyway so we're going to the carnival that's in town tomorrow, wanna join us?"

"Yeah sure" I answered and looked over at Mia to see what she thought,

She had an uneasy look on her face, "I don't kn-"

"Will's going to be there" I whispered to her.

"Yeah I'd love to" Mia changed her answer in an instant, and Logan smiled widely at us.

***

"Stop sneezing!" Mia scolded as she tried to put more makeup on me,

"I can't!" I said trying to hold back a sneeze.

"Okay hold still I'm nearly done... And voila!" she says giving me a hand mirror,

"All that sneezing was worth it for how gorgeous you look right now right?"

"Hardly, I just lost a gazillion brain cells just for this"

"Oh haha" she said sarcastically.

I had to admit though, I did look good. 

I wore a simple grey long sleeve shirt that hung to my skin, the shirt tucked into my black skinny jeans, which I paired with my white ankle converse shoes. Around my neck was my silver locket that I wore.

Mia also wore a simple pair of ripped jeans and a white t-shirt.

A car honked from downstairs signalling that everyone was outside, Mia and I locked the front door before saying a quick hello to everyone and driving off to our venue.

When we reached there the place was packed, carnival music played at every corner and people lined up behind the stalls to play games and buy food.

"Woah! We are so going on that first!" Valentino said excitedly and pointed to a classic rollercoaster that had extremely steep drops.

We walked over to the booth in pairs,

I stood next to Logan as we walked up to the ticket booth.

"Two tickets please" Logan said to the girl working at the booth, she didn't pay any attention to us but as soon as she heard Logan's voice her head snapped up,

She pushed her chest forward so her boobs seemed more prominent and batted her eyelashes at Logan, completely ignoring me.

I could hear him groan quietly in annoyance from beside me,

"No worries" she said sweetly, "One ticket for the hottie and one for your...friend" she said in disgust.

I cringed when she said that because I couldn't deny it, she was right.

She handed us two tickets after we payed but underneath Logan's ticket was another small note with a phone number on it.

For a moment I thought Logan put it in his pocket, but he put the actual ticket in his pocket before throwing away the note.

I sighed in relief and Logan smirked at me.

"Is that jealousy I see?" he asked and I rolled my eyes,

"Shut up, dick"

"You didn't deny it"

"What are you guys waiting for let's go!" Valentino called to us and dragging Kasey by her hand to the rollercoaster line, Logan chuckled and we jogged over to the rollercoaster line.

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and waved over Will, Mia, Grayson and Ethan.

A ten or so minutes later we were up the front of the line and next.

The cart was just enough to fit all of us and there were two seats in a line.

Logan and I got in first at the very front, Will and Mia after us, Kasey and Val next and finally Grayson and Ethan.

"Keep your seatbelts on at all times, keep your hands on the hand rails, keep all body parts in the carts, don't get out of the cart until the ride comes to a stop and enjoy". A monotone voice spoke over the loudspeaker and a worker came over to check we were following the rules before starting the ride,

"Again with the seatbelts, honey? Don't you feel safe when you're with me? Or do I have to show you again?" Logan whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"We're on a freaking rollercoaster, Logan don't you dare try anything" I warned him but he paid no mind as he grabbed a hold of my hand which was holding on to the handlebars tightly.

It made my cheeks warm and a small smile appear involuntarily on my face,

The cart edged upwards which had a huge drop coming I could tell.

Logan looked at me mischievously when we reached the top of the rollercoaster, I looked down at the view in front of me and my heart dropped right before the rollercoaster did.

I screamed as we rode down the steep drop, hearing Mia, Valentino, Grayson and Ethan's scream following it.

Logan laughed at me as I held his hand in my own in a death grip.

We inched upwards again to another drop just as I was trying to catch my breath, my heart thumping wildly in my chest.

"Let's try something else" Logan told me and lifted our hands off the handlebars and in the air,

"Logan you assho-" I was cut short when the cart sped downwards and we erupted into screams again,

This time my hands were up in the air, courtesy of Logan.

Fortunately, when the ride ended I couldn't seem to wipe the smile off my face because despite the near death experience – and no I am not exaggerating since we were clearly told not to take our hands off the rails so yes, we could've probably died –

Logan kept his hand in mine even after the ride.

***

Hi guys!

So this week FWTE reached 38.5k reads and #62 in Teen Fiction!

I love you guys so much thank youuuu!

I'm not really happy with my writing in this chapter but bear with me, it gets better.

Also I cut this chapter a little short because next chapter is FULL of drama so vote, comment and share if you liked this update and you want to read more,

Sincerely, Sia x