16 | I didn't know I was that revolting

I looked back at Chase who was now puking his guts out probably from the amount of liquor he'd digested.

At least I'm hoping that's the reason, otherwise I didn't know I was that revolting.

I brushed those thoughts aside while pushing past the football team who were laughing at Chase. I followed Mia who was making her way out of the house and let me tell you that girl moves quickly in heels that high.

I'd finally caught up to her and grabbed her wrist, "Mia wait!" but when she spun around she had tears in her eyes and my heart broke for her. I pulled her into a tight embrace and she squeezed back, her tears soaked my dress but all I cared about in this moment was comforting my best friend.

"I'm sorry" I apologised profusely and I led her to the car to take her home, I sat her in the passenger seat and took my chances with driving.

After driving Kasey around I'm pretty sure I could drive Mia around...hopefully.

I took her over to my place, by now she had stopped crying but she was hiccupping uncontrollably and sniffing, her eyes were red and bloodshot and I felt my heart break all over again.

I parked the car, it was late at night now and I was hoping Noah was sleeping.

I took Mia upstairs and gave her a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt to change into for sleeping, she smiled gratefully at me but I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"I don't blame you, you know" she told me and I gave her a small smile, "I saw what happened"

After a few minutes of silence, I responded.

"I don't ship Mase anymore"

She let out a small laugh accompanied by a sniff, "same"

"It's too bad because he lost the best thing he could've ever had" and she grinned at me,

"Thanks Lex"

"No worries, now get some rest" and she nodded, falling asleep on my bed.

***

"Megan punched him"

"She did what?"

Sunday morning came around and I called in sick for work because I didn't want to leave Mia all alone, she was currently telling me the events that happened this morning.

"Yep, I told her and she punched him, oh and so did Noah"

"Oh my God" I cringed.

"And so did Liam and now everything is back to how it was"

"You know what we need? A girl's night" and she nodded excitedly.

"We're not going to give two shits about anything today" and I nodded,

"So what are we waiting for?"

I walked over to my phone dock plugging it in before blasting Katy Perry's Firework throughout the room.

I threw Mia one of my hair brushes which she caught and we jumped on my bed singing along whilst using the brushes as microphones. As more and more songs played I could feel all my worries wash away as I danced with Mia, swaying our hips to the music and not caring how terrible our voices sounded as we sang.

The rest of the day was spent doing absolutely nothing, we had a fashion show where we'd put together and dress up in the most ridiculous outfits, we made the unhealthiest of foods to eat yet they tasted absolutely delicious, we had pillow fights and swam in the pool. Okay, call us twelve year olds but it was fun.

At the end of the day we sat down on my bed again,

"So how's Logan?" she smiled widely at me

"I don't know"

"Don't play dumb with me Alex"

"Yesterday... he saw Chase kiss me" I shrugged and Mia's eyes widened,

"What did he say?!"

"I didn't talk to him, I ran after you" I told her,

"Oh" she said, "well how did he react?"

"I don't know his face was... unreadable?"

"...He's jealous!"

"He is not!"

"He is too!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Are you aware how childish we sound?!"

"Yes I am!"

"Okay cool!"

---

This is a pretty short chapter but I'll update soon,

I should be studying lmao but i meaannn x)

Thanks for reading, please vote, comment and share,

Sincerely, Sia x