50 | Déjà vu

Logan's eyes hardened, "Let's go",

"Since when am I taking orders from you?" Dylan asked, his nose scrunched in confusion.

"Yeah let's ask those twitter followers of yours" I deadpanned and twisting his ear,

"Ow!" he complained as he followed us out.

When we stepped out Marcus was lying on the floor with a pool of blood surrounding him,

I had to look away from the sight and Logan pulled me closer to him.

Below everyone was in the same position but the atmosphere was much more tense than before,

Dylan, Logan and I joined them.

Logan pushed me behind him,

"Nice to see you again, son" Joseph greeted,

"Fuck you" Logan spat spitefully,

"So I see we're skipping the pleasantries- you know it wasn't fun for me to chain you up but you understand right? I couldn't trust you and for the right reasons" he eyes all of us.

"We're not going to let you do this" Noah told him and Elliot rolled his eyes,

"Stop trying to play hero, Hunter. You're making this harder than it has to be" Elliot said sternly, his body was cold and rigid but I saw something in his eyes that I hadn't seen until know and it left me dumbfounded.

"You can't just take this city, it's not yours to take, the people aren't going to let you do this" Megan told them,

"Doesn't like any one's stopping me?" Joseph smirked as he motioned through the stadium.

He was right; there was no one here but us.

"We'll stop you" Logan stated firmly,

"Like your mother tried... and failed" Joseph snorted and Logan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion,

"Her lungs basically sucked at being lungs and she was diagnosed pretty late so they couldn't do much about it, she didn't have very long to live." He paused, sucking in a breath and squeezing my hand before continuing.

"You could definitely say I was a momma's boy and she was a huge part of Beth's too until she passed away", he looked over at me, unshed tears in his eyes and I felt my heart clench painfully, "I didn't understand it – she was recovering so well but one day she just..." Logan said.

"I've been planning this for much longer than you think, Logan, your mother learned of my plans and she was determined to stop me, a bit like your girlfriend's parents" Joseph nodded towards me, "And to think she was recovering so well but with just one flick of a switch she was gone".

Everyone's mouth's hung agape.

"You son of a bitch! You're a fucking murderer!" Logan cried and he lunged towards Joseph. I gripped his arm to hold him back but his strength was nothing compared to mine and he instantly broke free from me, I could see the tears in his eyes. My heart shattered at this new revelation and I could only imagine what Logan must've felt as he learned that his own father killed his mother.

Joseph's henchmen raised their guns towards Logan, and my heart beat wildly in my chest. I stepped in front of Logan before he moved any further and pushed him back by his chest but his eyes were still trained on Joseph,

"You fucking killed her!" he shouted at him, his voice held so much emotion I couldn't help but tear up as well.

Suddenly a gun shot rung through the air, silencing us.