05 | "She can smell fear, don't panic"

"McDonald's or Chipotle?"

The whole class was spent bickering with Logan so here I was sitting in his Lamborghini after bribing me with food to come over and finish the project with him.

I'd say no but,

Who can say no to food?

"That's a tough one" I replied,

"Alright, McDonald's it is".

After passing by the drive through and picking up a cheeseburger and large fries we headed home.

"I told you I was going to pay" I frowned crossing my arms,

"I bought you food, you should be grateful" he told me as we pulled up at his house.

Sorry house isn't the right word; it's a freaking castle! It's at least twice the size of our mansion!

While we got out of the car I looked up in awe, how someone can live here without getting lost I'll never understand.

"We'll go through the back" Logan voiced and I nodded.

I had eaten the food in the car because I couldn't wait despite Logan's protests not to get his car dirty, so all I carried was my bag hanging on one of my shoulders.

I sent a quick text to Mia earlier telling her that I was going to a friend's place to finish up a project since the library was closed today and that I had a ride home so she didn't need to worry about me.

She replied with the usual insult 'you have friends?' and then an 'I'm kidding take care xx'.

I was looking at her reply about to text back as I followed Logan through his backyard before I heard vicious growling from behind me.

I stopped dead in my tracks with my heart beating wildly in my chest,

Logan spun around with wide eyes a few meters from the back door making me panic even more,

"She can smell fear, don't panic"

"It's a little late for that" I glared at him.

I slowly twisted around so I came face to face with a large black dog, larger than your average large dog, which was really saying something.

It bared it's teeth at me; I'd say it looked as if she was smiling if I didn't know any better,

I stood paralysed in fear; I can literally hear the 'Jaws' theme song playing, speaking of, I looked behind me to see Logan holding up his phone as the very theme song played.

"Is this funny to you?" I whispered harshly at him,

"Sorry" he stifled a laugh, "don't make any sudden movements or she'll attack".

I wouldn't call myself a dog person in fact I was generally okay with dogs but only the small breeds, the larger ones scare the crap out of me.

Logan took a few steps towards me and the dog who growled even louder when he approached and I took a few steps back trying to lessen the space between us so if she doesn't attack I can use him as a shield.

Suddenly something broke setting of a large snap underneath me and the dog started barking wilding and running at me and so I did the obvious,

I screamed and ran the other way.

I was grabbed from behind and covered by someone's warm embrace and I shut my eyes tightly.

But nothing came; I opened one eye and then the other,