32 | "I like to play dirty"

"We found something!"

Kyle announced as Noah and him barged through the door.

I quickly switched off the television, from my position on the couch as Noah and Kyle rushed through the living room and into the kitchen on Thursday afternoon.

I had gone to school today, pretty reluctantly but Mia had managed to drag my ass over to that hellhole.

I had apologized profusely today but Mia just told me to shut up and that it wasn't my fault because no one's going to make her do anything that she didn't want to do.

That's my best friend.

I followed Kyle and Noah to the kitchen who had a laptop propped up on the dining table,

"What did you find?" I asked them,

"Dylan can be a fucking genius when he wants to be" Kyle spoke,

"He's been monitoring calls going around Grove Hills for the past few days and today we found this" Noah told me as he clicked play on an audio file.

I guess Noah was too occupied to realise that he was still supposed to be mad at me, not that I'm not happy that he's finally speaking to me again, but he'd been giving me the cold shoulder for so damn long and I was relieved that it was over.

It was like a girl giving her boyfriend the silent treatment.

"Sir, Mr. M wants to discuss some of the terms of your arrangement with him today"

"God, I have better things to do that deal with that bastard today"

"He's being very persistent"

"Tell him to meet me at our usual spot, and tell that imbecile to come alone this time"

"Yes sir"

BEEEEEP.

"So now we're trying to find out where this" Kyle said referring to the call, "Came from"

"So Mr. M is Elliot, like Elliot Martinez" I filled in and they both nodded, their attention focused solely on the laptop.

A bunch of random windows popped up and Noah went though them in under a minute until he stopped at one,

"Holy shit you did it!" Kyle exclaimed loudly, high-fiving Noah.

"What is it?" I asked, walking over to them and looking at the laptop,

On the screen was a small green dot flashing over a old dusty warehouse in the middle of nowhere, it had to be further out of the city because it seemed like that was the only thing there for miles.

"No clue" Noah replied, typing some random shit on the keyboard,

"But we're going to find out" Kyle said excitedly.

***

"That is the cutest fucking thing I have ever heard!" Mia squealed excitedly on Friday at lunch.

I had told her about Logan asking me to be his girlfriend and she immediately broke out into a smile.

"Then I guess this is the perfect time to tell you... Wait for it" she said holding up a hand for me to wait,

"Tell me, you idiot!" I laughed,

"Will asked me out too!" she squealed again and I think my ear drums might have popped,

Together we giggled uncontrollably like a bunch of middle schoolers and earning some weird looks from the people around us, but it didn't matter because I was so freaking happy.